console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardwoodcd

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I have a 17' deep v that I fish out of at my local lake. However, it's a private lake and we can only have 2 boats per lot we own. So here is the deal, my wife isn't happy with the boat we have for family/social things. And we can only have one boat over 10hp. And I got my old mans 1648 when he passed about a year and a half ago and haven't done anything with it as of yet. So I've been doing some research on what I might do with it. Some of these mods look like they would fish lots better than my current boat! So, I'm looking to trick out my Jon boat to sell the 17' deep v for a pontoon. Here is my first questions, 1. I'd like to steer my boat from a console instead of a tiller. Is this a mod done often? If so, are the console usually custom made or is there a place I could shop for one?
Thanks, Casey
I'm sure I'll spend lots of time on here before I start my build!

:WELCOME:

Please complete your profile when you have time.
Knowing what part of the country you hail from helps
us give you more accurate information.

Are you talking center console or side console? My Lowe 1652 has the Lowe center console and I added a windshield and custom grabrail this year. You can find consoles at https://www.akmccallumco.com/store-console.htm and the windshield and grabrail I had done by a guy on Ebay down in FL. My console is the Lowe that is 19" wide.

Attachments

• Lowe_1652_4.jpg
    Lowe_1652_4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 412
  • Lowe_1652_3.jpg
    Lowe_1652_3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 412
Thanks. I have found the option I think I'm heading towards. Side console from the website you mentioned.

Latest posts