Cooking on your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ebug

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just returned from a 7 day fishing vacation with my family. After fishing for 3 days I asked my wonderful wife if she felt we needed to add any other rigging to the boat to make it more usable for our fishing needs. The first answer that popped out of her mouth was a small grill to cook on.

So my question to you is have you ever, or do you currently have any sort of grill on your boat.

I know it sounds sort of odd, but I tell you a hot ham and cheese sandwich sure would have beat the cold sandwiches I was choking down out there.

As always, thanks for your time.

Rob

My Dad had a small barbecue grill that clamped on the side, and it would pivot out over the water and swing back inside to turn the food etc... Then just swing it back out. It was real small too.

I've been using a Partner Steel stove for a few years. It's all aluminum and closes up nice and compact like a brief case. They are built for white water raft guys so they are indestructible, lightweight, able to light when wet and come apart real easy for washing in a River. They are well loved by all sorts of outdoorsman and worth the money. They run off 1lb propane canisters. Made in America.
https://www.partnersteel.com/LG03.htm

They make propane and charcoal grills for boats that mount to the gunnels, usually in a rod holder or something like that. For me, I would never do it and I cannot imagine anyone doing that in a "small" aluminum boat. I believe they are intended for sailboats and cruisers, like 25 foot and up.
Tim

When I'm out duck hunting I use a small single burner coleman stove from the early '70's in the boat blind. It's good for making coffee, eggs, bacon, potato pancakes, soups, stews and chili.

Yep, I use a small one burner Coleman stove as well. Works great. I have also brought my Baby Weber out there with my chimney starter and lump coal to do some smoking on the boat- some ribs and chicken! MMMMMMmmmmm Got some looks that day!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=359417#p359417 said:
earl60446 » Yesterday, 18:33[/url]"]They make propane and charcoal grills for boats that mount to the gunnels, usually in a rod holder or something like that. For me, I would never do it and I cannot imagine anyone doing that in a "small" aluminum boat. I believe they are intended for sailboats and cruisers, like 25 foot and up.
Tim

What Tim said. No place in my 16'7" boat for cooking.

LOL . . . I've been cooking, eating and sleeping for YEARS on my tin . . . days at a time using my propane stove.
(but showering in the thermal waterfalls)
Life is good!

P.S.
Have been doing the same inside my Jeep.

This past weekend I picked up a smaller $35 gas grill from walmart for our 25' pontoon boat and it will stay on the pontoon boat, forever. Nothing better than pulling the kids on the tube, pulling into a cove and firing it up to cook some burgers and dogs. It uses the little coleman propane cylinders available everywhere.

We have always had a little propane grill on our bigger boat (20ft pontoon), I have a little Coleman portable propane grill/stove (like the one in the picture but mine is red) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405611345.936322.jpgthat I take in my little tinny.