Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I found. either it's 42-44" high, or it sits so far forward that you lose your rear deck. I looked at incorporating an elevated seat base into the front legs of mine to make up for the loss of the deck.

I proposed to come straight off the transom and then down to the deck as well. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Hey Dave, GREAT progress brother. What I did with my rod holder was use PVC to mock up with and it was great and was inexpensive and picked that up at Lowes.

Keep it coming brother =D>

BB

Hey thanks BB,

I just ripped a couple of 2x4's so now I have a bunch of 1 ½ x 1 ½ that I'm going to use to mock up the platform with. You don't see a lot of square tube poling platforms. I have a punch of 1 ½ x 1 ½ 1/8 thick aluminum square tube that I'm going to use. So if I get everything right with the wood 1 ½ x 1 ½ then all I have to do is make my cuts of the wood templates and weld them together.

I'm going to have it powder coated white when done........................... :mrgreen:

Get it on Dave! My platform is 40" high, not a tuna tower but it should get me up there to see those fish a little sooner. For every foot higher you can see about ten feet further.
Have you thought about leaning the platform back so when the motor is tilted up it will clear? The cuts may be more difficult but I have faith that you can do it even out of square tubing!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337774#p337774 said:
smackdaddy53 » Today, 01:48[/url]"]Get it on Dave! My platform is 40" high, not a tuna tower but it should get me up there to see those fish a little sooner. For every foot higher you can see about ten feet further.
Have you thought about leaning the platform back so when the motor is tilted up it will clear? The cuts may be more difficult but I have faith that you can do it even out of square tubing!

Hey Smack,

I spec'd out the P-platform last night. I think I've got it figured out, well as good as its going to be from a practical application and still be aesthetically pleasing. Just no way to get the platform over the motor without making it, well a lot taller than I want it to be.

I tilted the motor up so the bottom of the skeg is even with the bottom hull. The platform will sit a few inches over the cowling, and the motor can swing down without any interference issues. 33'Tail 33' wide 18' long. I'm going to play with it tonight and if nothing else I will frame the platform. I'm in the office tomorrow so Sunday I will work on the legs, a few funny angels but not to bad.

why not have a Polling platform that can hinge back when you need to take off the motor cover, I had one made for my Keywest and my friend has one on his Hewes boat work great and look like a normal platform. I have also seen ones that have 4 pins on each leg that you can pull out and remove the top portion of the platform. I don't have any pictures but you probably picture how it could work..

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337994#p337994 said:
hudflat » 05 Jan 2014, 08:58[/url]"]why not have a Polling platform that can hinge back when you need to take off the motor cover, I had one made for my Keywest and my friend has one on his Hewes boat work great and look like a normal platform. I have also seen ones that have 4 pins on each leg that you can pull out and remove the top portion of the platform. I don't have any pictures but you probably picture how it could work..

Hey hud that's a good idea and I may just make it removable so I can have more deck space when I know I'm not going to be using it. Taking the cowling of is not the issue, the motor sits back far enough on the jack plate so when its tilted down there isn't any interference issues.

The problem is "In order to get the platform over the top of the motor" it would just be to high to be practical. I mocked one up out of wood, it sits in front of the motor. It looks like it will work pretty good. I have to get ready to go to Michigan tomorrow morning, if I have time I will snap a pic or two and post it.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338177#p338177 said:
Mojo » 12 minutes ago[/url]"]Michigan!?! Your thin Florida blood will freeze in your veins....

Yeh man not looking forward to it. They say its going to warm up to like 15 above tomorrow. Whooo hoooo :LOL2:

I got all of the bench faceplate panels cut, painted /Rhino lined and installed,

I got My Engel cooler and I’m very happy with it. I love the pads on the bottom, you can’t hardly scoot it across the floor unless you push real hard. I put some straps on it anyway. I got the straps off a life vest that I got for my youngest grandson that he outgrew. It just happen to be blue and white. :mrgreen: I mocked up the polling platform so I have proof of concept on that.

Moving along moving along, these are not the droids you're looking for................................. :LOL2:

Attachments

• 731.JPG
    731.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 827
  • 734.JPG
    734.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 827
  • 737.JPG
    737.JPG
    701.1 KB · Views: 827
  • 738.JPG
    738.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 827
  • 740.JPG
    740.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 827
  • 742.JPG
    742.JPG
  • 743.JPG
    743.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 827
  • 745.JPG
    745.JPG
  • 749.JPG
    749.JPG
    892.5 KB · Views: 827
  • 750.JPG
    750.JPG
    974.2 KB · Views: 827
  • 758.JPG
    758.JPG
  • 761.JPG
    761.JPG
  • 747.JPG
    747.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 825
  • 748.JPG
    748.JPG
    681.6 KB · Views: 825
Hey Dave nice work.
Looks like that Yammie is against the back of the platform, with the jack plate up there is no more room for Full Tilt.
Did I miss something?
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/download/file.php?id=59603&t=1
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/download/file.php?id=59602&t=1

Hey thanks guys,

O so close................................ :mrgreen:

I just refuse to half *** anything or take any shortcuts. I just don't want her to start falling apart in a few mounts. I could have used some self-tapping screws to hold the retainer for the cooler straps on the side of the console but I through bolted it. Every piece of hardware on her is stainless, ever bolt, screw, nut, washer you name it.

Jerry nothing gets past you brother. No you didn’t miss anything. It’s about a half inch from touching but I don’t need full tilt. In its current config the skeg is even with the bottom of the hull allowing me to poll. The bottom will hit at the same time the skeg digs in if I get to shallow.
I made the bench faceplate in three sections. In the event I need to access any of the fuel lines at the tank side, I only have to drill out 3 rivets and the end plate will slide right out.

Jack plate is all the way up,
O by the way I didn’t go to the “Big Box Store” for the hardware I needed for the cooler hold down straps. I drove my happy *** across town to the locally owned Mc Donald hardware in Fort Lauderdale. It’s an Ace Hardware affiliate. They have everything you could imagine………………………. :mrgreen:
I’m going to have the “Seadek” put on top of the cooler when I get the decks done in just a couple of weeks. Cooler fits nice in front of the console, it doesn’t stick out past the side of the console and it makes a good seat for someone to sit comfortably.

Awesome Dave, Can't wait to see some pics of of that puppy on the water & fishing. We will have to get together with BigWave and get something going in the summer. Jerry =D>

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338509#p338509 said:
Jonboat Jerry » 42 minutes ago[/url]"]Awesome Dave, Can't wait to see some pics of of that puppy on the water & fishing. We will have to get together with BigWave and get something going in the summer. Jerry =D>

You bet,

We might even get BB to join us a well.

Hmmm BB is going to the darkside, he is looking at glass boats as we speak. If he gets what he is looking at I want to be on his boat......I just got word that we were approved for a lease on a newer,nicer house. I will be moving FEB 1. I too will be restoring my glass boat. Its a 21 center console, so between me and Badger we should be able to take several people on the same boat. Jerry's buddy has a couple of boats too. We will have offshore covered for sure. We will have a get together for sure.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338553#p338553 said:
bigwave » Today, 09:31[/url]"]Hmmm BB is going to the darkside, he is looking at glass boats as we speak. If he gets what he is looking at I want to be on his boat......I just got word that we were approved for a lease on a newer,nicer house. I will be moving FEB 1. I too will be restoring my glass boat. Its a 21 center console, so between me and Badger we should be able to take several people on the same boat. Jerry's buddy has a couple of boats too. We will have offshore covered for sure. We will have a get together for sure.

The darks side, consume you it will........................ :LOL2:

Hey its all good. I think it would be really fun for all of us to get together and do a little fishing. Maybe April or May before it get to hot.

I put some DP trim plates on the corner caps and installed the rear push poll holder.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 718
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 718
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 718
Clean work as usual Dave! You will love those hidden push pole brackets, my buddy has them on his Maverick and they are awesome. A great way to keep the deck snag free.

Latest posts