cutting in a jet tunnel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red450r

Reaction score
Im in the process of doing my own tunnel in my 1652 g3, could someone give me a little insight on the measurements?
ive got the print from outboard jets but what it calls for lands right in the middle of two of the ribs. also i have noticed that the g3 factory tunnels are square versus the outboard jet print that calls for a 45 degree on the sides. Thanks, Ethan

I have the Lowe 1652 tunnel and it seems to work really well in the turns. I'm not sure of the dimensions but I can measure when I get home if you want.

I took some quick measurements last night before putting the boat in for the season. The tunnel is 12" wide on the top side and 15" wide on the bottom. It's only 2" tall at the tallest point in the back. I can't find the length measurement, I thought I wrote it down.

The whole thing is 24. 18" into the boat is what outboard jets calls for. I'm putting everything back together tonight. I'm building a center console so it'll be a week or so before I get to try it out

The whole thing is 24. 18" into the boat is what outboard jets calls for. I'm putting everything back together tonight. I'm building a center console so it'll be a week or so before I get to try it out

red450r said:
How high do I need to set the motor? As far up on the tunnel as I can?
The same as you would with a non tunnel hull. Leading edge of foot a little above the lip of the tunnel with the motor tucked all the way in but you will have to play with it to get it set right. Jusf what I picked up along the way.

The tunnel sticks out over top of the foot. I've got it as far up as I can I'll try it and see how it does

Latest posts