cutting in a jet tunnel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
red450r said:
Smack did you put foam in your pods?
No, all foam does is add weight. Many people will argue but physics is constant. A pod full of air will be more bouyant than the same pod filled with foam. If water happens to leak into the pod, then and only then will the foam help anything.

That's what I was thinking. Had a guy argue with me the other day about it. The way the plugs are in mine they should be self bailing if they get a hole in them.
All that foam adds up. It's about 10-15lb under the floor in my boat.

On the tunnel, if you tuck your intake under I have found it makes for a hull you can't trim, if you do the water runs up over the front of the intake and is a mess, had lots more luck using the top of the intake as if it was the back of the boat, that said I had one tunnel to tall and had to add a plate in tunnel to lower it some, On foam, not so much in pods but under the floor, i like to put it in plastic bags, to try to keep down water soaking in.

One nice thing is I think he can go another notch higher and just bend the lip of his tunnel up a bit. I think that would help by using the hydro dynamic effect of the curved metal to help draw the water up into the intake.

Gotta do the spoon under the water faucet to understand how the curved metal will draw the water up into the jet at speed.

I can move it where ever it needs to go. I still have to put the uhmw across the top of the tunnel and put in the drains in, I'm gonna run it and if it works I have to pull it all apart and silicone the bolts

That looks about where my motor is set. I went 1 bolt higher to try it out and I got more spray and it was louder and porpoised more and sucked air more going through a wake. As much of a pain it was moving the motor around manually (I don't have a jack plate), it was worth it in the end to get in the best position. I set mine up for me being alone in the boat but I could imagine another person up front would make a pretty big difference so are you trying it out alone or with passengers/weight the way you would normally be running?

I'm moving the console to the front so I'll probably just run it by myseld, I have to manually move mine too

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402628970.087922.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402629030.170540.jpg

Got the console installed. Trying to finish up everything tomorrow evening and try it out Saturday

Latest posts