Cutting through through front deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugpac said:
On a side note I agree that anything can happen, as some have said, and i have never seen a factory jon boat without foam in it.

And you won't. At least not with modern boats built past about 1980. Coast Guard requires "level flotation" in ALL vessels, including PWC's

Ok, you may be right...
I will try to remove the foam carefully and try to find a new place for the slided pieces, may be at the side walls or on the floor beetween the bracings in order to keep the hull floating. Hope this cools everybody down;)
I'm pretty sure that after removal of that foam compartments and combining of the two flaps to one and cutting out of the small stripe that alot of space will be available under the front deck...
Unquote

Did anybody already this exercise???

The modification is successful finalized!!!
The complete Front Deck is now Storage area... Wow!!! Enough Space for 2 bedchairs, tent, sleeping bags etc;)
Only remaining work is to place some foam plates between the bracing and to install a Cover plate
Above. An additional automatic bilge Pump will also secure the boat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 406
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 406
Daisy said:
The modification is successful finalized!!!
The complete Front Deck is now Storage area... Wow!!! Enough Space for 2 bedchairs, tent, sleeping bags etc;)
Only remaining work is to place some foam plates between the bracing and to install a Cover plate
Above. An additional automatic bilge Pump will also secure the boat.

Were you able to put a hatch in front of the two hatches pictured? I have a similar configuration with my G3 18CCJ. I would love to add a small anchor hatch. I am worried about deck strength after cutting.

Latest posts