Daiwa steez

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rod or reel? Spinning or baitcasting?

My Best friend has the Steez Baitcaster matched with a Steeze rod. Its a Very nice combo!

Too much $$$ for my blood these days.

Okay im picking up a daiwa steez baitcaster later and am getting a good deal on two reels which should I take with the steez fuego or the viento? I am most likely putting the steez on my soft plastics rod the second one I want a reel that would go nicely on a cranking rod. Anyone have experience with viento and fuego? All of these will come brand new

Viento hands down... you can cast anything with that reel. I have 3 of them that are about 5 years old now. I bought them brand new, and as much as I hate to say it, had them cleaned for the first time back in January. They are still going strong

I tried the Fuego, but it's more of a finesse (and I mean small baits) type of reel. You won't need another one of those with the Steez

edit** I just read that you are looking for a cranking reel... you can crank with the viento, but don't try to crank the BIG cranks (DD22s, Strike King 6XD, etc) with that reel... you'll be wore out. It casts the Deep Little Ns with ease, but the smaller style handle will wear you out if you crank with the reel and not sweep with the rod.

Queencitybassman said:
I hope your right Russ I chose the steez and the viento which I believe I got really good price on.. $180 for the pair brand new

Do those reels feel warm to the touch? Dealer cost on a new Steez is $375.00, the Viento is another $160.00.

haha na I dont think its stolen he used to work for a warehouse that carried them a few years ago.. they are about 1 1/2 old just a little dust but flawless and have never been spooled. He has quite a few more I may take off his hands if they do well for me this weekend. Here they are I am now owner of a real high end reel...

Any suggestions on line?

Attachments

• steez 001.JPG
    steez 001.JPG
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • steez 002.JPG
    steez 002.JPG
    753.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • steez 003.JPG
    steez 003.JPG
    864.4 KB · Views: 1,088
  • steez 004.JPG
    steez 004.JPG
    962.7 KB · Views: 1,088
  • steez 005.JPG
    steez 005.JPG
    974 KB · Views: 1,088
:twisted: I have a Viento reel on a 7' Daiwa L&T rod for my worm/small soft plastic setup. Smooth reel. Easy to cast the lighter stuff. Two thumbs up!!!!

Queencitybassman said:
Any suggestions on line?

Seaguar Red Label - 15# test.... that will throw everything, and the Viento for sure will sling the heck out of it

My Viento really likes the 10 lb. Seaguar red label Fluoro. Russ gave me a spool of that red label a couple years back, and it is now just about the only line I use.

What I found funny was at the Dale Hollow trip last fall, Jim's friend kept an inline spinner tied onto the steez rod and reel. Just seemed a little ironic.

I thought the fifteen was a little heavy so I really like th red label 12lb. Took a while to get used to but I can sling stuff now.

Thanks for the advice guys I actually asked fishdevil then went straight to bass pro because they had a really good deal on stren. So I got stren original 14lb.. I liked it on the viento but not on the steez I will probally line the steez up with 100% floro berkley. Went fishing and had some luck today but the steez was out of commision early with the worst birds nest I have seen. I caught about 5 on the viento though.. the twitch bar is sweet!

Queencitybassman said:
Thanks for the advice guys I actually asked fishdevil then went straight to bass pro because they had a really good deal on stren. So I got stren original 14lb.. I liked it on the viento but not on the steez I will probally line the steez up with 100% floro berkley. Went fishing and had some luck today but the steez was out of commision early with the worst birds nest I have seen. I caught about 5 on the viento though.. the twitch bar is sweet!

Did you get straight mono. That could be giving you some issues on the steez. Try the flouro as it has less memory, but that berkley flouro is a joke imo. There is a noticable difference between that and the seguar.And I believe the seguar is cheaper.