Dale Hollow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i'm here? all i see is cars that need worked on?

is the address right?
Dal's Hollow Body Work
Address: 414 North Perry Street
City: Johnstown
State: New-York

ZIP: 12095

Yup your in KY bro...Thats how we measure a mans wealth here how many cars he has in the front yard on blocks :LOL2: ...JIGGY....seems to be something wrong with your address tho :wink:

BassAddict said:
Well me and Shinerman are about to hit the road. 7 hours is a long time in the car with him (and i plan to do my best to annoy him) so if any of yas see a guy in a black tinboats shirt on the side of i-40 please pick me up!!!!!

Anybody seen Bassaddict on the side of I-40 ??? It's been more than a day since this post and he hasn't checked back in. :LOL2:

Bubba said:
KMixson said:
I will get off work at 8:00am Friday morning. Then I will go pick up my girlfriend and her two dogs. We will drop the dogs off at the kennel and head on up toward Dale Hollow. I estimate leaving the Charleston area at 10 to 11am. We will take our time going that way since there is no way I can be there for Friday's get together. We will stop somewhere between Asheville and Knoxville Friday night and get a good nights rest. Then we will arrive the resort Saturday afternoon. That is the plan. See you there.

If your wanting to split up your trip, you'd probably be best off stopping in Asheville. Knoxville is really only about 2hrs away from where your going.

Only 1 more hour and i'm on my way! :mrgreen:

My girlfriend and I are on our way. We have stopped in Cherokee N.C. for the night and will be there tomorrow. We didn't want to miss any scenery along the Great Smokey Mountain National Parkway in the dark so we will head out in the morning. We are sightseeing on the way there. We tried the Blue Ridge Parkway off of hwy 191 and it was closed 8 miles from the entrance of hwy 191. We had to backtrack back to I-26. It was still a cool drive. I will see y'all tomorrow.

How is the weather? And the fishing? no post from jim .
It is cold and wet here east of there. post pic of trip.
GOOD LUCK ALL AND GET THEM BIGONES.

caveman said:

Read above - there is not internet where they are

Oh yeah, BassAddict did send me some photos:

Here is a "nice" girl he meet after his second bottle of Jack:

pig-lipstick.jpg

Here is a photo of the rental boat after he attempted to dock it (again 2nd bottle of Jack)

BoatAccident1.JPG

Some new friends they made:

3318158553_c3532d5141.jpg

Fishing Cop get ready to start fishing:

519602583_f06a7f7360.jpg

BassAddict takes a break in a nearby park:
1570215303.jpg

Jim says: "Never mind that capacity plate - it is just a suggestion":

79534905.08AWIG6a.DSC06547.jpg

Captain Ahab said:
caveman said:

Read above - there is not internet where they are

yes i did see that there was no internet where they are. just posted in case some had Internet or drove into town and had some pics to post. looking forward to the pics.
mike

The first get together is in the books! :beer:

We are still here in Nashville at the airport. Had a few beers at Tootsies restaurant :LOL2: and are now waiting for the 2 flights back to Boston. Good times were had by all. The weather sucked, and it was cold.....very cold. No one got skunked but only a few caught fish worthy of talking about. I'm sure as they get back home the reports will start rolling in. Overall we had a Great time and look forward to doing it again. I will post the pictures I have tomorrow or the next day. I probably will not get home till after 11PM Eastern tonight.

But I want to give a Special thanks to: Bassnbob, Bassaddict, Bubba, Shinerman77, AlumacraftJoe, Bassboy1, KMixon, Fishingcop. LegBrkr and Remo for making out to the first Rally we had.

I only live a few hours away from there and did want to go.But was not in cards .Just would like to know how many members was there.
T :) hanks mike

Well, I'm home. Just got in about 30 minutes ago.

First off, I would like to thank Jim for getting this together and organizing it. I really had an awesome time, even though the fishing was tough, just getting to meet everyone and get to know one another was great. I enjoyed getting to fish with the ones that I did, and hope to get to fish with everyone else hopefully at the next one.

Now I can't wait for the next one! :beer:

I just walked in the door... what an awesome time.. weather sucked! Fishing was tough, but it was awesome just getting together and meeting up with people. A big thanks to Jim for putting it together and to Bassaddict and Shinerman77 for letting me share their room! Bassnbob and Bubba thanks for making sure my wallet didn't go home in Bob's boat as I only had 30 miles till I would have run out of gas.

My girlfriend and I just arrived home. It was a 510 mile trip one way by interstate. It was a great get together even if the weather was kind of cool and damp. I did not fish due to having to work Friday morning. I am so glad to meet the guys that were there. I can't wait for the next one. I just want to thank Jim for all his effort he put into this. It was fabulous. See you at the next one.

Good trip had by all. I made it up Friday morning, right in the middle of the extreme cold and wind. Fishing absolutely sucked through Friday, and into Saturday. Saturday evening, the weather broke, and I got into some smallies for the first time in my life.

Buncha great guys there. Finally good to put a face to a name. All y'all that didn't come sure missed an excellent trip, even if the fishing was slow.

Big thanks to Jim for arranging all of this, as well as the raffle prizes. Thanks again.

I don't have any pictures of the group, but here are a few pictures of the lake, that my dad took.

10-18-09DaleHollow002.jpg

10-18-09DaleHollow006.jpg

10-18-09DaleHollow015.jpg

10-18-09DaleHollow016.jpg

10-18-09DaleHollow018.jpg

I'll post up my fishing report down in the fishing report section. Fishing's been so bad here at home (coupled with me not having the time to make it out), that I haven't posted in there in quite a while.