Dale Hollow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First and fore most I have to thank Jim who not only organized it but also went out of his way to make this trip way more than I expected =D> =D> =D> THANKS MAN!!!!

The trip for me and shinerman almost didnt start out too good, but Joe (shinerman) will post about that. Heres the whole rundown after that tho:

Shortly after arriving and getting settled into the lodge we ran into fishing cop, leg breaker & her husband then headed to scope out the lake. I planned to do some night shore fishing, but then decided to drop in on Jim & Reno...... Well I didnt get any fishing done that night, instead It was spent greeting other members as they trickled in, throwing the bull and enjoying a few beers!!!! All-in-all a great way to relax from a long trip!!

Friday it was up and out early and man was it cold n wet, I started beating the banks (my favorite way to fish!) when Bubba shows up and offers me a seat on his boat! Great I think, so we load up and get set to launch, with the ole Addict holding the rope Bubba starts to launch and everything looks good! that is until i notice the rope attached to the boat is too short (thats my story and i'm sticking to it).... Well long story short the boat got launched with us on shore!!!! Good thing the wind was blowing toward the dock cause a short wait and we were set to fish!!!! IMO best launch EVER! Fishing that day was slow to say the least (and did I mention COLD N WET) but bubba did manage to get this guy
IMG_0048.JPG
and teach me a lot about deep water bassin' THANKS BUBBA!!! That night we were planning to have a fish fry but due to the lack of fish we were forced to hit the all you can eat catfish buffet down the road!!! And after dinner it was back to Jim and Renos place for some beers and another bull session.

Saturday: I did not wanna get out of bed this morning n face the cold but after a bit i forced myself up, got me a cup of coffee and headed out for a smoke and snap a few pics.
IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG

do a little fishing
IMG_0064.JPG

And enjoy the sunset
IMG_0076.JPG

After that it was back to Jim & Renos place for a hotdog/hamburger feast, prizes, storys of the day and....... you guessed it more BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An EXECELLENT TIME I beleive was had by all thanks to Jim. It was great to put a face to a name and drink a few beers with everyone. For those who wasn't able to make. I'm sorry, but it's in the books as the inaugural event for 2009 in my opinion. Looking forward to many more of this kind of event.

Thanks again Jim and everyone that came for making a great memorable three days with the guys.

Attachments

• DSC00167.JPG
    DSC00167.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 408
Got home after midnight last night. #-o

Up early for a training class. Hoping to have an update tonight with some pics.

AlumacraftJoe learned some new words while we were at the local restaurant. What was that word? :LOL2:

We hit this restaurant one night and it was all you could eat catfish, shrimp, Hush puppies....HUSH PUPPIES! :LOL2: and sweet tea! \:D/

What was the name of that restaurant?

What a great time!!!! Arrived late Thurs. night (boy I should have printed out a map of the resort before I left)... took me 1/2 hour to find the lodge :lol: . Friday morning headed out with shinnerman77 (Joe) and it was COOOOLD and wet and windy and the fish did not cooperate. Headed out again in the afternoon and still nothing although I did break a rod :twisted: but atleast is was a cheap one:

Joe Freezing

Aug222010022.jpg

Picked up some minnows at the bait shop when we got in and fished from the dock hoping to catch some crappie to eat... no luck on the crappie, but I did catch a 5" inch smallmouth, a longear sunfish, and about a 10" spot. Got rid of the skunk which was a good thing. No pics of the dinks as my fingers were way too cold by that time to attempt to get the camera out.

Friday Joe and I decided to chase smallmouth with minnows with the bad advice we got from Frog at the baitshop... no such luck, but Joe broke the skunk with a couple of small bass and a decent gill:

Aug232010012.jpg

Aug232010013.jpg

We did see some Turkey... this picture isn't great we were far away and once again my hands were too cold to change lenses on the camera for a close up:
Aug232010015.jpg

Saturday afternoon headed out with Jim and I finally got a nice fish. Over 17" inches. He had two other hooks in his mouth and we were able to get one of them out. Jim perfected the LDR (Long distance release) which was very helpful with the cold conditions:

Aug232010018.jpg

Jim when we returned... best thing about my boat is that we were able to stay warmer then the others since it only goes 5mph :mrgreen: :

Aug232010020.jpg

Sunday greeted us with a very cool morning which made for this beautiful shot:
Aug242010002.jpg

Caught a few more dinks and headed out after catching a big bluegill on the dock and caught 2 redear and 7 bluegill which I cleaned when I got home.

Aug242010005.jpg

Aug242010004.jpg

Aug242010006.jpg

A couple of pics of the dam at Cumberland Lake in KY on the trip home... they are working to fix a breech and it is a multi-year project:
Aug242010007.jpg

Aug242010008.jpg

Jim said:
Got home after midnight last night. #-o

Up early for a training class. Hoping to have an update tonight with some pics.

AlumacraftJoe learned some new words while we were at the local restaurant. What was that word? :LOL2:

We hit this restaurant one night and it was all you could eat catfish, shrimp, Hush puppies....HUSH PUPPIES! :LOL2: and sweet tea! \:D/

What was the name of that restaurant?

New word was youins... she asked did youins have sweet tea :lol: :lol: :lol:

BassAddict said:
After that it was back to Jim & Renos place for a hotdog/hamburger feast, prizes

Oh Yeah! I forgot to also thank Jim for the awesome prizes, and the awesome burgers&dogs we had saturday night! Thanks alot! Can't wait to test out this new wee-vee on my trolling motor! :mrgreen: :beer:

Bubba said:
BassAddict said:
After that it was back to Jim & Renos place for a hotdog/hamburger feast, prizes

Oh Yeah! I forgot to also thank Jim for the awesome prizes, and the awesome burgers&dogs we had saturday night! Thanks alot! Can't wait to test out this new wee-vee on my trolling motor! :mrgreen: :beer:

X 2.... Jim put together a great trip from the prizes to the food, to the people everything was first rate other than the weather!

Glad to see all had a great time.
If I was eating "hush puppies"up here,they'd be shoes//.
I suppose I could google it but I don't know what hush puppies are either.

Zum said:
Glad to see all had a great time.
If I was eating "hush puppies"up here,they'd be shoes//.
I suppose I could google it but I don't know what hush puppies are either.

in short Hush puppies are the left overs from the egg n crumb mix rolled into a ball n fried!

in short Hush puppies are the left overs from the egg n crumb mix rolled into a ball n fried!

There better with pieces of onions cut up or jalapeno peppers pieces in them.

I'm glad everyone had a good time, Its ashame the weather didnt cooperate however looking at the group picture I knew you guys could tuff it out.

recon2g said:
Wow it's great that everyone had a great time to bad about the weather though, Hey Jim, Next year this should be done in sunny Florida!!! :) 8)

That is a possibility...Can we do it near a coast too?

Bass and Tarpon anyone? 8)

Jim said:
recon2g said:
Wow it's great that everyone had a great time to bad about the weather though, Hey Jim, Next year this should be done in sunny Florida!!! :) 8)

Ya could be done by New Port Richey lots of lakes and only 3 miles form the Gulf...let me know I can look into places...

Great pics and reports, and good to hear youins had a great time! 8)

Bubba, you'll like the Wee Vee guard, and it's a piece of cake to mount on your tm, plus gives you some piece of mind that your transducer has some protection. 8)

Waterwings said:
Bubba, you'll like the Wee Vee guard, and it's a piece of cake to mount on your tm, plus gives you some piece of mind that your transducer has some protection. 8)

Yup! Got it mounted tonight! Piece o' cake! Can't wait to give er' a good test! :mrgreen:

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/bubba_wrx/Miscellaneous/1019091746a.jpg
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/bubba_wrx/Miscellaneous/1019091746.jpg

Jim said:
recon2g said:

If you do it down in south Fla you have Tarpon, snook ,LM bass ,peacock and shark

https://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/
https://www.nps.gov/ever/index.htm
https://www.fishingtheeverglades.com/