Dgram36's 1852 Lowe Olympic Duck Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
willsbarbour said:
Looks good. I like the stencil look. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Any more thought on moving the console?

Yeah I think I'm definitely moving it back. Have to order a new teleflex and some shifter cables soon.

I like that color.Was it hard gettin the boat ready for painting?The reason I ask is because my boat needs paint and Parkers is the paint I was going to use.Brown or gray.My boat is faided green now

hotshotinn said:
I like that color.Was it hard gettin the boat ready for painting?The reason I ask is because my boat needs paint and Parkers is the paint I was going to use.Brown or gray.My boat is faided green now

I basically went with the minimum on prepping. Some people strip the boat down to bare metal and then prime the whole boat and paint. I'm sure that produces an excellent result. But mines a duck boat so all I did was knock off any loose or flaking paint, sand existing paint, prime any bare metal, rub down with mineral spirits, then tack cloth right before spraying. Parker's is a good paint and coats very well. Seems like its also extremely durable once it completely dries. I'd recommend letting the boat sit for 10 days before doing anything with it though.

You're doing this the right way. You're gonna have one awesome boat, that floor is amazing.

I come your way, were gonna kill some ducks in the salt. :D

Pweisbrod said:
You're doing this the right way. You're gonna have one awesome boat, that floor is amazing.

I come your way, were gonna kill some ducks in the salt. :D

Thanks man! Yeah I'm really happy with the deck. I keep going out and looking at it every 2 hours! Anyway, next up is the front deck and then electrical. Super excited to see the end result.

i like this color
baygray.jpg

or maybe this color.
sandtan.jpg

the lighter color wood be cooler in the sun.

wood one gallon be enough for a 16 footer?I should go to Wally Mart for some self etching primer and start in

hotshotinn said:
i like this color
baygray.jpg

or maybe this color.
sandtan.jpg

the lighter color wood be cooler in the sun.

wood one gallon be enough for a 16 footer?I should go to Wally Mart for some self etching primer and start in

What Parker colors are they?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=323736#p323736 said:
FerrisBueller » 53 minutes ago[/url]"]Are you going to be using a sprayer? or more of a roll/tip approach?

was thinking of useing a sprayer.I dont have one myself butt my brother in law has them =D>

I really like the sand tan color. The only reason why I went with dead grass is that I hunt the salt marshes and it is dead on. I used two gallons on just the hull of my boat. I wasn't exactly frugal with he sprayer though. Got a couple real thick coats on there.

Latest posts