Drop Shot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clumzy_31

Reaction score
Just want to see what some of the setups guys on here use for dropshotting... line, reel, rod, sinker, hook... having a hard time deciding what setup is the safest/best when catching alot of fish!

I have a shimano crucial 6'8 drop shot rod that I paired up with a Daiwa sol 2000 spinning reel. Nice and light. Great for drop shotting, but nothing else.

+1 on the Crucial 6'8" ML w/ Diawa Regal 1500 Xia. 15# power pro, 8# Gama flouro leader. #1/0 Gamakatsu drop shot hook. Weight depends on depth and wind, just go as light as you can.

Favorite bait to drop shot for me is a 3.5" white tube. A Zoom "The Fluke" baby bass, no slotted belly 4" is my 2nd favorite

I use spinning outfit with briaded line. Gamakatsu octopus hooks. Variety of weights depending on conditions. Variety of plastics - favourite is probably a YUM leach.

I have a kistler helium LTA 6'9" MH spinning rod paired with a Cabelas Gold Label 2500 reel. I generally use 8# florocarbon line. As far as hooks I like the ones from blakemoore in open/rocky water. https://www.cabelas.com/product/Blakemore-StandOut8482-Dropshot-Bass-Hook/739157.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Ddropshot%2Bhooks%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=dropshot+hooks&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products When fishing a dropshot in grass I like the locking hooks like these by roboworm better. https://www.thehookuptackle.com/product-details.php?Category=Hooks&Manufacturer=Roboworm&Product=Rebarb

Jim said:
I have a shimano crucial 6'8 drop shot rod that I paired up with a Daiwa sol 2000 spinning reel. Nice and light. Great for drop shotting, but nothing else.

Good for Crappie too, those little drop shot rods handle a 1/32 jig quite well with 6#test, and still have a little backbone when needed.

I use a Lamiglas Excel 701 spinning rod paired with a Pfleuger president XT reel. I use 10lb braid with either 4, 6, or 8 lb test fluorocarbon leader depending on location and how the fish are biting. I usually use Gamagatsu split/drop shot hooks with the size depending on the plastics i am using for bait.

Latest posts