Duracraft Bay Series

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got her hauled home today! Excited to get started on the overhaul!IMG_5292.jpgIMG_5294.jpgIMG_5295.jpgIMG_5296.jpgIMG_5297.jpgIMG_5298.jpgIMG_5299.jpgIMG_5300.jpg58571223990__691C719F-EA66-448C-A660-E3CDDF517CCE.jpgView attachment 2]]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 58571225675__05E5C959-4616-4955-AC75-0FC0F05C1341.jpg
    58571225675__05E5C959-4616-4955-AC75-0FC0F05C1341.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 762
  • 58571226956__3E30346D-A733-4A90-97C6-9764B6ED01B7.jpg
    58571226956__3E30346D-A733-4A90-97C6-9764B6ED01B7.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_5305.jpg
    IMG_5305.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 762
LDUBS said:
It really is a nice looking rig. Congratulations.
Thanks you sir, looking forward to fixing it up

Lots of potential! Check that trailer close before you take it far. If the boat has been neglected then the trailer probably has too.

I'd do new plugs, impeller, new fuel lines/bulb primer, lower unit oil. Does it have an automatic oiler or does it run on premixed fuel?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

thedude said:
Lots of potential! Check that trailer close before you take it far. If the boat has been neglected then the trailer probably has too.

I'd do new plugs, impeller, new fuel lines/bulb primer, lower unit oil. Does it have an automatic oiler or does it run on premixed fuel?

It runs on premix fuel, the trailer was bought from a storage unit with the sole purpose of hauling it from the coast to his house. It is in decent shape but I might find a replacement because it does need some work, probably new springs, lights, etc.

jethro said:
That's a nice setup and the motor looks clean enough. Replace the water pump, thermostats and fuel lines and see if you can't fire it up.
Yes sir that’s the plan, compression testing is happening Friday morning and then will start replacing things. Should I be worried about the oil near the top plug? Seems to be from the seals maybe

WesTex1 said:
Yes sir that’s the plan, compression testing is happening Friday morning and then will start replacing things. Should I be worried about the oil near the top plug? Seems to be from the seals maybe

I don't really know what that oil would be from? Seems unlikely it would blow by the plug, and it doesn't seem like a horrible amount.. I think I'd tend to not be worried about it until it becomes time to worry about it. :shock: If that makes sense.

jethro said:
WesTex1 said:

I don't really know what that oil would be from? Seems unlikely it would blow by the plug, and it doesn't seem like a horrible amount.. I think I'd tend to not be worried about it until it becomes time to worry about it. :shock: If that makes sense.
Haha ok thanks!

Compression on all 3 cylinders was 120+!!!! My wife’s cousin is a marine mechanic and he didn’t see any glaring issues with it, just replace the impeller, lower unit oil, fuel filter and lines, plugs, etc. Looks like my gamble may pay off, ready to get it on the water!

I am wanting to repaint the inside and outside of the boat eventually, but the inside is lined with bedliner. Will paint adhere to that surface or will I need to sand blast it?

Are you sure it's bed liner and not textured paint? I would not invest any time or money in painting bedliner. It will expand and contract with temp changes and likely wouldn't hold paint.

thedude said:
Are you sure it's bed liner and not textured paint? I would not invest any time or money in painting bedliner. It will expand and contract with temp changes and likely wouldn't hold paint.

I will have to look at it a little closer

I look at it a little closer and I’m still not sure, I would say maybe it is a textured paint maybe since where it is peeling it tends to be pretty flexible and it is not flaking off.

Man all of that for $800! I get on craigslist everyday and check my local area and it seems everyone wants 7-8K for their 2003 model boats. Great find!

TMO8853 said:
Man all of that for $800! I get on craigslist everyday and check my local area and it seems everyone wants 7-8K for their 2003 model boats. Great find!
I definitely lucked out on the deal

Carbs rebuilt, new plugs, new fuel line, cleaned the fuel filter, and it fired right up within a couple seconds! Impeller was actually still pumping a steady stream out but it has been sitting for a little while so that is the next change, previous owner just got the replacement title in the mail so I should get it next week. Can’t wait to get this gem on the water soon

Latest posts