Dyeguy's 1648 Mod- Pics Update... DONE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually do want a jetski, but I decided it would be a big money hole cause I'd want a nice one.

I'm actually looking for a small fiberglass bass boat, with a 100HP or bigger. I don't mind something under 18 feet, because I've gotten too used to the maneuverability of a small tinboat, but I want something faster for tournament fishing.

I figure I can sell this one and save up a couple grand and hopefully find a good deal on Craigslist. There was actually a guy wanted to downgrade and trade a bass boat for an aluminum and cash, so maybe I'll get lucky and it'll still be around somehow :roll: :lol:

Nice I love jetski's but they are the biggest money pits! my little jon uses 3 gallons a day and my jetski uses 5 every 1.5 hours! #-o

Got the trailer finished, but its thunder storming so I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up the boat from the lake.

FYI, do yourself a favor and don't buy BPS bunk carpet. I had to hit all the edges with a blow torch just to work with it, because it comes super frayed. I lost about 1/2" on each side just from opening the package :lol:

All in all I think it came out pretty nice. The cheap paint got a torture test last night in the rain, and the water beads perfectly, with none under the paint. The multiple thin coats worked out perfect.

I haven't mounted the spare tire, but I painted that black as well. I can't decide if I should paint the wheels on the trailer black as well, or if that will just be overkill. Either way I need to get new wheels and possibly tires, but I haven't found them cheap enough just yet.

Attachments

• IMAG0095.JPG
    IMAG0095.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 660
  • IMAG0096.JPG
    IMAG0096.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 660
  • IMAG0097.JPG
    IMAG0097.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 660
  • IMAG0098.JPG
    IMAG0098.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 660
  • IMAG0099.JPG
    IMAG0099.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 660
  • IMAG0100.JPG
    IMAG0100.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 660
Dyeguy1212, you can get them wheels and tires at walmart's for $64.00. They come already mounted and bolt on ready. So for around $130 bucks you can throw on some brand new ones.

perchin said:
Dyeguy1212, you can get them wheels and tires at walmart's for $64.00. They come already mounted and bolt on ready. So for around $130 bucks you can throw on some brand new ones.

I've found them even cheaper at BPS, and they're galvanized. Gonna have to wait until after I buy my new jerkbait rod though..

I've been way overdue for pictures of the boat, so here are some new ones. Just got the painting done (except the bottom), and it was a trip from hell to find the paint that I already started painting with. I got the wires organized and "harnessed" with electrical tape, I got my battery tray and gas tank tray in, along with some other stuff.

Oh, and notice my new stainless steel prop! Cost me 250! Just kidding. I took a wire wheel to the aluminum one cause the paint was chipping, and I think I'm just going to leave it bare. Looks pretty sweet 8)

I also decided to fish an NBAA one-on-one tournament at the beginning of the month, so I'll be running with the big boys :shock:

Attachments

• IMAG0104.JPG
    IMAG0104.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 629
  • IMAG0103.JPG
    IMAG0103.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 629
  • IMAG0102.JPG
    IMAG0102.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 629
  • IMAG0101.JPG
    IMAG0101.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 629
  • IMAG0100.JPG
    IMAG0100.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 629
  • IMAG0099.JPG
    IMAG0099.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 629
  • IMAG0098.JPG
    IMAG0098.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 629
  • IMAG0097.JPG
    IMAG0097.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 629
By the way, I decided not to camo the boat. So if anyone wants the unused stencil, I'll have it up in the classifieds soon. Cost me 35 bucks to get, so I'll let it go pretty cheap.

If I ever by a rig to bowfish with.. I'm broke as f [-X k right now. I sat by the mail box waiting for my check today, and my **** boss can't seem to get it to me on time.. especially when I really need it. I show up to work on time EVERY day, and I haven't taken a day off since I started there.. and yet I'm the one with no money. /end rant

Anywho, I hope to, but its at the bottom of my priority list right now.

I still can't decide if I should redo the console. I just hate how awkward it looks. I'm thinking I might just take it off and try to cut it down without having to recarpet and rebuild the whole thing. Heres what it might look like... What do you guys think?

Attachments

• low console.JPG
    low console.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 614
dyeguy1212 said:
Also, by the way, notice the TinBoats sticker on the back of the outboard.. I keep forgetting to take a close up of it.

Id like to show off mine if they ever come... :) Actually i did get confirmation they shipped the other day, i just have to give Jim a hard time. Boat looks kickin you did a fine job, How is the fish finder working out for ya?

I dont think it looks ackward at all. Remember its not a 30k bass boat. Its a refinished tin boat that serves its purpose well, fishing. You shouldnt want to turn it into something its not, thats a lean, mean fishin machine.

Bugpac said:
dyeguy1212 said:
Also, by the way, notice the TinBoats sticker on the back of the outboard.. I keep forgetting to take a close up of it.

Id like to show off mine if they ever come... :) Actually i did get confirmation they shipped the other day, i just have to give Jim a hard time. Boat looks kickin you did a fine job, How is the fish finder working out for ya?

Pretty good! I just moved the transducer in (I had it farther out) but it was kicking up more water than the outboard when on plane lol. I just moved it in a bit, so I'm hoping that will solve the problem. Works great when moving slow though, and its great finally having speed and water temp.

Troutman3000 said:
I dont think it looks ackward at all. Remember its not a 30k bass boat. Its a refinished tin boat that serves its purpose well, fishing. You shouldnt want to turn it into something its not, thats a lean, mean fishin machine.

I just think a more streamlined console would make it look more bassy, as opposed to tinboaty. Wouldn't take much to cut it down, but its in a comfortable position so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. To be honest, I'm more concerned about resale value than anything else right now. I saw a nitro with 100HP go for 4500 on CL the other night, so I'm intching to get this thing sold so I can get back on the market :wink:

I'll probably have to wait until mid july to sell, because I need it for the two one-on-one tournaments I'm fishing. The other 12 tournaments this year I'll be fishing in my buddy's 1854 bass tracker. (problem is, we have identical engines :lol:)

dyeguy1212 said:
Troutman3000 said:

I just think a more streamlined console would make it look more bassy, as opposed to tinboaty. Wouldn't take much to cut it down, but its in a comfortable position so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. To be honest, I'm more concerned about resale value than anything else right now. I saw a nitro with 100HP go for 4500 on CL the other night, so I'm intching to get this thing sold so I can get back on the market :wink:

I'll probably have to wait until mid july to sell, because I need it for the two one-on-one tournaments I'm fishing. The other 12 tournaments this year I'll be fishing in my buddy's 1854 bass tracker. (problem is, we have identical engines :lol:)

Cant really put anything bigger on that one huh?

What is a one-on-one?

Latest posts