Evinrude 60 HP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idruthrbfishin

Reaction score
Evinrude60's.PNGLooking for info on a 1984 Evinrude 60 HP. Found lots of info on the one in picture A, but not so much on picture B. Mine is like picture B. Anyone know what the difference is? Is one a 2 cyl and one a 3 cyl?EvinrudeTag.png

Yes, according to those pictures the smaller one is 2 cylinder. I've honestly never seen a 2 cyl. 60hp - usually that chassis is 40hp and 50hp.
The 60hp pictured is also very similar to a 70hp.. I had a 1981 version and it was a 3 cylinder 814cc I believe.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 60 and 70 3 cyl. were twins except for carburetor sizing.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

We had an old 55hp just like the one you show as ‘A’.

But for the one shown as ‘B’, you can buy the online OMC Factory Service Manual in PDF form for about $12, look around. I just sold a 60hp 2-years ago, just like that one, it was a fantastic motor!

Pretty much what has been said. The twin is just a hopped up 40hp.

While both will make 60hp, the triple will have a much easier time doing it, and will last much longer.

They are really good motors, about the worst trouble you will probably have with it is ignition failure, switch boxes and stuff.

Latest posts