Favorite senko and favorite utails

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't fish senkos, but for I use Zoom U-tails in red shad, junebug, and green pumpkin. I also use Strike King 3x Ribbontail worms in watermelonseed and black neon. If you can find the Strike King 3x Ribbontails get them. The tail floats and continues to move when you pause the bait.

I like the green/cream laminate the most, along with pumpkin and watermelon if I happen to run out of that color. I like the 4", but often use the 5" and just bit off the end when it tears. I've started using Yum Dingers and Wave Tiki Sticks, because I can't afford as many Senkos as I've been going through. I use them all the time, any condition, all year long. I like wacky style if it's not weedy, otherwise it's weightless Texas rigged for me.

You can't beat a 4 or 5 inch Yamamoto blue pearl on Allatoona immediately after the spawn, and sometimes again in the fall. Miss the short window, and you may as well leave them at home, but right then, they are king.

BaitCaster said:
I will also sometimes carolina rig a wacky rigged Senko, in which case I would use a bullet weight on the carolina rig.

I was thinking about trying this the other day... Seems to me like it would be a pretty fool-proof way to fish some of the submerged islands and points when the bass are holding a bit deeper (I just simply don't have the patience to wait for a weightless senko to sink 12 feet...)

Favorite colors are junebug, red shad, and baby bass. Baby bass I use net bait, others colors are YUM right now. In the u tale I am really partial to Culprit. Red Shad stained water, pumpkinseed or watermelon in clearer water, black at night

Captain Ahab said:
I like the 4, 5 and 8" models of JD Baits Fatboys

As far a standard "senko" I use ones that I make or JD BAITS

Far better then Yamamoto!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colors are greens, browns or black

I have not tried my new Fatboys yet........ do you just texas rig em or are they better for wacky riggin???

Captains Evil Rum is my new favorite color :D

perchin said:
I have not tried my new Fatboys yet........ do you just texas rig em or are they better for wacky riggin???

It doesn't matter how you right it... they flat out catch fish..

If I'm throwing it like a senko, I'll rig it weightless texas rigged... but I have been known to wacky rig them too

I throw them 9 times out of 10 on a carolina rig though.... (I don't wacky rig them like that though, the bass here usually just grab the ends when I do it like that, so it's texas rigging the hook for me)