Favorite Senko color?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
I just want some of your opinions on good senko colors for lightly stained to stained water. I have been doing well with Junebug and Watermelon/red for lightly stained water, what about you guys?

I'm just wondering because the local lake I fish is never clear, and senkos usually seem to bethe best producers.

the res that we have been fishing is far from clear and I have had awesome luck with a few worms. The first one and my most favorite is the green from Jimmy and the bubble gum, I dont have any of the bubble gum left to show you the color but here is the green (2nd pic) the first is called pep frog/ht org by strike king ( I cant get a good picture of it! a certain someone has my camera packed in the truck for his fishing trip in the morning so I am using my cellphone lol)

Attachments

• jimmyt'sworm (Small).jpg
    jimmyt'sworm (Small).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,444
  • shaw'sseries (Small).jpg
    shaw'sseries (Small).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 2,444
you know, we have also had good luck with one called "key lime pie" its a tiki. I'll have to take a picture of them tomorrow.

my favorite color senko is smoke blue pearl it is by far my best color in any color water it looks like a shad in the water and works great

Coffee colored - dark roast!

Yard_2007_0011.jpg

Mr. SMDave, sounds like you have the right colors, I would add some black and blue combos. :)

I’m starting to pick bait color by this simple rule, lighter or colors that I can see through in clearer water, and solid darker colors that I cant see through in dirty water. I don’t know if this really helps but it takes some of the "I wonder if I picked the right worm color" factor out of the equation, and I am able to fish more confidently which I think is more important then choosing worm color

Well, we don't really have clear water here, with most of it stained or just down-right murky. I also don't use Senko's, but have had good success with the Tiki Stick Smoke Shad color for stained, and the Red Shad laminate for the murkier water.

No doubting they're good baits, and I have used them (1 pack), I don't want to pay their price when Tiki Sticks work just as well (for me), more in the package, and they'll last through a few catches. :)