Finally Got a good Smallie!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whj812

Reaction score
This morning I took the old tin machine out and did some bass fishing. Didnt have much luck, but I did manage to boat a nice smallie. She put up a good fight too!! This thing was a mean fish I tell you. Pulled me around the front of the boat a couple of times.

I got him on another Senko, covered with coffee. I took coffee grounds and put in a zip-lock bag and put some soft plastics in it. Its not as good as impregnated soft plastics, but its the next best thing.

Here is a pic of the Smallie that I got this morning. I guess it went about 3-3.5lb or so.

Attachments

• 3lbsmallie.jpg
    3lbsmallie.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,012
I didnt for a few hours then I got that smallie. Then another drought, changed up a bit. I found some different type structure a long sloping rocky point, and got a spot and a largemouth off of it.

Other than that, i had no other bites.

Nice Smallie - I like the coffee idea. I have been adding a little coffee to my worms as i pour them and it seems to work really well. They smell good!~

Also, when you fish early in te morning the bass need a little coffee to wake up :D

IMG_0165.JPG

I first read about it here, I think from you. Then last month in Bassmaster I saw where a company was making Coffee lures.

I wanted a way to get the smell on my baits that I already have. So me and my fishing buddy, came up with the coffee grounds soaking idea. Seems to work pretty good. Even after fishing for 30-45 min with the same lure the coffee smell is still potent.

Wow! I have yet to catch a smallie over 2 lbs. Good catching! I also read that coffee grind article, I will have to see how it works.

Also what works is copeahagen snuff. I do not do it all the time b/c I want it all for myself, but the snuff works, not long cut or anything else mainly the snuff.

Latest posts