Fireworks and Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Last thursday kicked off was is to be a long vacation, and a straight week or 2 of fishing. Friday started more as a family get together, with me sliding off to fish my bro's pond. The water in that pond has to be in the upper 80's, and the bite was extra tough. I still managed to land 7 dinks, and another malnutritioned largemouth pushing past 20"'s.
Later saturday night I managed to get in a quick session of carp in a spot I had prebaited fri night. For the first time it was slow. I put almost 2 hours in and only landed 3 fish, and lost another to a snag.
Sunday was more of the same. A friend and I jumped in the river just about daybreak, and waded probably about a 2 mile stretch of river. We both managed combined about 60 smallmouth, 1 largemouth, and a small channnel catfish. Our baits consisted mostly of tubes, and stickbaits. I can't understand what happened to all the big smallies. Out of all the bass we caught, only about 3 fish hit the 15" mark. Instead of calling it quits yesterday, we gathered some bait, and went back out for some flatheads. We landed 4 cats, with my 20# being the biggest. All other fish were probably just under the 5# range. By 11 we called it qiuts, and went home only to catch up on some rest. Today was supposed to be another day of fun, but instead I sleeped till about 12, and just relaxed all day. I have some more reports once I decompose a little more and get back to it tommorrow.

Picture1366.jpg

Picture1367.jpg

18lbs
Picture1369.jpg

20lbs
Picture1368.jpg

Nice fish...my eyes are still messed up from the psychedelic background with the carp.

Nice fish as always, that largie looks like it should be 2 or 3 pounds heavier. What a head on that thing :shock:

Let me know if you wanna fish wednesday or this weekend. I am heading to Adrienne's on wednesday evening, but I am open to fish the whole day. I will be back friday night and ready to fish afternoons and evenings after work on the weekend.

Latest posts