First boat, first build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basshabit

Reaction score
Hello Tin Boats,

This is my first boat and first build. Thanks to all on this site for all the ideas that I have taken.

I live in Northern Ca near Chico. I picked up this Mirrocraft for under $1,000 and I believe i only have $500 into it as it sits now.

It came with the trolling motor, Fish finder and a rebuilt 20 horse. I had the boat up to 22mph which I am err happy with.

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

After a week I came up with a great idea to do a rebuild thinking it was only going to take a weekend. it ended up take three or four

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 703
Looks like a nice ride man. If only I could have finished everything in about a month! Enjoy the fruits of your labor. 8)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364991#p364991 said:
Ail » 31 Aug 2014, 13:12[/url]"]Looks like a nice ride man. If only I could have finished everything in about a month! Enjoy the fruits of your labor. 8)

I do now, but during the build I was having regrets by not being on the water. worth it now that I am done, for now.

Has anyone ever made a live well out of wood. I was going to make one with plywood to replace the first bench and I wanted to make it look like the bench that it would replace. I was going to make the box/tank, coat the inside and out with resin and put two layers of fiber glass on the inside with a low point in the middle so all the water gets pumped out. I don't really want to put a drain plug in it due to all the wires under the floor. Also i was going to buy a aerator pump of some sort. kinda like the ice chest live wells that a lot of people have.

Latest posts