First post. New member.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronbedard57

Reaction score
Hello all.
Found your site and I can tell there’ll be lots of helpful information here. I’ve got a new project and could use some help with identifying the manufacturer. I’ll take some photos tomorrow, but for the time being, does “Red Cloud” ring any bells? The boat is a double cockpit runabout approximately 13’ long. The old red/wht/blk paint job has been partly removed, and Red Cloud is written below the port and starboard gunnels at midships. There’s no other info anywhere on the hull.
Photos to follow.
Thanks
Ron

Hi again,
Took some photos and measurements, hope they'll help to identify the boat. I'd like to fabricate the missing parts (upholstery, fittings) and some photos from manufacturer's literature could help a lot.
The L.O.A. is 13'-8", and the beam at it's widest is 5'-3". You can see there are two cockpits with the helm in the forward one. There's a well behind the rear cockpit for the fuel tank/battery. The components for cable/drum/pulley steering are riveted right to the hull, and look original.
The deck has evidence that there was a windshield, and there was a narrow strip of aluminum trim covering the center deck seam.
The gunnel extrusion has a very nice shape, and the joining to the hull is very tight.
I love the look of these boats all polished up, but I understand that they weren't initially presented that way. I plan to attempt a combination of mirror finish and painted trim. Any references to images for guidance and ideas would be welcome.
If any specific additional photos might help with the I.D. I'll provide them.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Ron

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 109
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 109
Cool boat! No hull ID of any kind? Look closely at the top of the transom, the transom brackets, and everywhere at the back of the boat for stampings if the ID plates were removed. Anything stamped into the aluminum could be a clue. Red Cloud? Sounds like a prior owner may have been a Kick *** fan. (An alt superhero movie, paint suggests this could be the case...)
Good luck. It took me months to properly identify my boat, but I finally did with a single transom bracket stamping that I had previously overlooked. All of the hull ID plates had been removed by prior owner(s) so research becomes much more difficult.
If you have many hours to spare, http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Main_Page has a great library of vintage boat info, much of it from manufacturers.
Enjoy the project! Are you married? How comfortable is your couch?

Latest posts