First Texas Slam!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartman

Reaction score
I meant to post this sooner, but a few days ago a buddy and I went out on what was about a perfect day. About 60 deg, very little wind and sunny. Between us we caught our limit of trout ranging from 17-24", we did not keep all though, He caught two reds both right at the upper end of slot, and I caught the one pictured below. And to make the day a complete success, my first flounder! We both fished a combination of original corkys, devil corkys, and soft plastics (TTF and Gulp) with an 1/8oz or 1/4 oz jig head.

txslam-1.jpg

To celebrate; fresh redfish on the half shell and flounder on the grill. I pre-seasoned on red fillet along with butter, the rest was just cooked in butter with a special spread my wife came up with to put on after the fish was cooked.

txslamgrill-1.jpg

Great catch. Did yall use the pink Maniac Mullet, man does it catch fish, if not, yall need to get some.
I filet my red fish but leave the skin and scales on and cover the filets with some butter, salt, pepper and Tonys and lay on the grill skin down, and in about 25 minutes remove, man is it good. Good fishin to yall.

rusty.hook said:
Great catch. Did yall use the pink Maniac Mullet, man does it catch fish, if not, yall need to get some.
I filet my red fish but leave the skin and scales on and cover the filets with some butter, salt, pepper and Tonys and lay on the grill skin down, and in about 25 minutes remove, man is it good. Good fishin to yall.

I made a trip to FTU today, Pink was completely sold out, I bought plum/chart. I will have to order some pink, we have had great luck with our pink corkys. I kept reading about good results with the maniac mullet..your input was the final straw; I can't wait to try them out! Thank you.

Thank you Jim, they were excellent..this was my first try at redfish on the half shell