fish finder mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made one that is similar, except I had to fabricate the entire mount because my free fish finder didn't come with one. I used a cut down chunk of 2x4 and some plastic for the base, which is bolted to an 8" piece of 1" wide steel that serves as an arm that is attached to the oar holder. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

jasper60103 said:
golden ghost said:
Is there a mount that fits into an oar lock?

Check out Old Bill's mod...
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2052

Not quite what I was looking for. You think someone would make one that just drops in. However, I liked the removable transducer mount in that same thread. Not only does it save me from drilling holes I can take it off when I float shallow rivers.

I had the same idea, but I didn't want it to fall off so I made this. I can turn the fishfinder, as well as swing the arm. The eyebolt prevents the bolt from spinning when I turn the wing nut.

Attachments

• DSCN0888.JPG
    DSCN0888.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,315
I'd bet that on of the RAM mount balls could fit easily in an oar lock - might need a sleeve of some kind to get the spacing right depending on what size oar lock you have, but they make one of darn near everything it seems.

Would look real professional too.

I attached my transducer to my trolling motor via a bracket off the amazon site. Best 10.00 I ever spent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 904