FishmatePro Warning!!! Do not Trust These Guys...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I ordered one about 6 months ago and got it in about 2 weeks. But I did take one that he happended to have on hand at the time. When I got it I was a little disappointed with the quality control. It had a small leak at on of the welds in the bottom and hinges were ground down too far and part of the rivets were ground down. The lip had a slight crack at one of the corners. Now I have used it once, as I have just finished my build, and it did what is suppose to do.

I went on line to look at the site. I acted like I was going to buy and the site said I now had to go through my local boat dealer only. Power to the people!

I was hardcore looking into getting one of these livewells.... but after all the bad press on this site... I think my monies will go elsewhere.... Sounds like you all just saved me a lot of time and headache. Gracias Kimber .45 =D> =D> .......

When a business does you good...you tell several people. When they do you BAD...you tell EVERYONE!

fender66 said:
When a business does you good...you tell several people. When they do you BAD...you tell EVERYONE!

I am in healthcare, nevermore true my friend!!

We probably have more than 1 tinbender on the site that could make one, and once again....a $49 120qt cooler from Wallyworld has served me well. Just so happens I am testing out a new solution as we speak.

Fishmate pro is a scam!!! My name is Rex W Wright. I live in Holly, Michigan and I'm being ripped off by a thief named Dan Howell, Owner of Fishmate Pro. I first talked to Dan Howell (liar and thief) in June of 2010 to order a 34 inch complete livewell, Like kimber.45. I to, was given a line of bs about payment and was asked to send a cashiers check for $383.00 to speed things along. That was Dan Howells first lie. I called Dan Howell (LIER AND THIEF) at the end of July to ask where was my tank. Again, Dan Howell lied to me about production problems, saying he did not want to send me a well not up to his standards. He told me I would get my well in 2 weeks. Another lie. I called Dan back at the and of August and again, was given a line of bs and a promise of delivery in 2 weeks. Well, I guess we all know Dan Howell lied again. That was the last time I talked to the lying thief, Dan Howell. Because like kimber.45, my phone has also been blocked and he will not return calls or respond to emails. This lying thief thinks he can ignore me and steal my money. Kimber.45, I could use your help for law suite. If any one else out there knows the location or address of this scum bag Dan Howell, please email me. (I'm willing to pay for intel ) I can be reached at [email protected].

thehollyhick said:
Fishmate pro is a scam!!! My name is Rex W Wright. I live in Holly, Michigan and I'm being ripped off by a thief named Dan Howell, Owner of Fishmate Pro. I first talked to Dan Howell (liar and thief) in June of 2010 to order a 34 inch complete livewell, Like kimber.45. I to, was given a line of bs about payment and was asked to send a cashiers check for $383.00 to speed things along. That was Dan Howells first lie. I called Dan Howell (LIER AND THIEF) at the end of July to ask where was my tank. Again, Dan Howell lied to me about production problems, saying he did not want to send me a well not up to his standards. He told me I would get my well in 2 weeks. Another lie. I called Dan back at the and of August and again, was given a line of bs and a promise of delivery in 2 weeks. Well, I guess we all know Dan Howell lied again. That was the last time I talked to the lying thief, Dan Howell. Because like kimber.45, my phone has also been blocked and he will not return calls or respond to emails. This lying thief thinks he can ignore me and steal my money. Kimber.45, I could use your help for law suite. If any one else out there knows the location or address of this scum bag Dan Howell, please email me. (I'm willing to pay for intel ) I can be reached at [email protected].

Sorry to hear about another fishmatepro casualty.. but I'm assuming you googled them, and this thread came up, which is a good start. Welcome to Tinboats, fellow michimaniac

By the way, one might be able to track him down through cabelas. They had a partnership with fishmatepro, and I have a strong feeling a huge corporation would put up for that dirt bag's antics.

https://www.wmi.org/multi_boards/other_topics/message.html?message_id=323896

By the way, Russ, did you give him permission to put pics of your mod on his site?

thehollyhick said:

THH, sorry to hear about your bad luck. The only contact information I have for Dan Howell came from his website. I called "Information" in Cedar Rapids Iowa to try and get a home phone number so I could try again but they only have the number thats listed on his website. I just checked a minute ago and it looks like the site is down. i get an error message saying the URL cannot be retrieved. I filed a complaint with the BBB of Iowa against him but I havent heard anything back on it yet. I figure if I dont get results from that, I'll write a letter to the Iowa Attorney General so see if I can get some action. Let me know how I can help...

Quackrstackr said:
https://www.whitepages.com/dir/cedar-rapids-ia/howell/dan

Yeah. Thats the same address from his now non-existant website. I guess I could always show up on his door and let him know he still owes me money... Anyone else up for a road trip??

sorry I haven't responded sooner, just got back in town from a 2 week hiatus to New Orleans..

Anways, yea, I do have the 40" Pro Tournament Series. I don't have any complaints with my actual livewell, it works like a charm and I've had up to 20lbs of bass in it.

Now getting it on the other hand was a bit different... it took me more like 9 months to get it. BUT, in all honesty, I'm kinda glad because it gave me a chance to keep changing the design of how I was going to deck my boat. I did have a lot of phone calls and email exchanges with Dan, and there were excuses, but there was one legit flood that I know happened because I saw it on the news.

Either way, I got my livewell and I'm all set. I guess it helped that I never got heated with him - even after 9 months of paying without having a product in hand. But that's the way it goes sometimes and in the end I got exactly what I wanted.

Just keep trying to get in touch with him... hopefully you'll get it resolved in the end.

And here is a website that works.... https://www.fishmatepro.com/

Get the feds involved.

If you guys paid him by cashier's check, he has committed mail fraud... a federal offense.

russ010 said:
sorry I haven't responded sooner, just got back in town from a 2 week hiatus to New Orleans..

Anways, yea, I do have the 40" Pro Tournament Series. I don't have any complaints with my actual livewell, it works like a charm and I've had up to 20lbs of bass in it.

Now getting it on the other hand was a bit different... it took me more like 9 months to get it. BUT, in all honesty, I'm kinda glad because it gave me a chance to keep changing the design of how I was going to deck my boat. I did have a lot of phone calls and email exchanges with Dan, and there were excuses, but there was one legit flood that I know happened because I saw it on the news.

Either way, I got my livewell and I'm all set. I guess it helped that I never got heated with him - even after 9 months of paying without having a product in hand. But that's the way it goes sometimes and in the end I got exactly what I wanted.

Just keep trying to get in touch with him... hopefully you'll get it resolved in the end.

And here is a website that works.... https://www.fishmatepro.com/

How much $$ he pay you for that???? [-X

I tried to help out Kimber and call FishmatePro to get to talk to him for Kimber... All I wound up getting was my own number blocked! ( i only left nice cordial messages).. I was looking into getting one of these livewells, lucky for me Kimber ordered his 1st! I won't get one now, but even if I did change my mind some day, its knda hard to contact someone when the block you numbaaa.....

I cant belive it,seconds after fileing a complaint with the bbb ,I get an email from fishmate pro owner Dan Howell. He finally responded to one of my many emails titled-Dan dont steal my money. He tells me he got way behind due to his mothers stroke and resent death,working two jobs,and being a single parent.Tells me to hang in there he'll get it done.Dyeguy1212 your not that far from me in orion,can you see sucker on my forhead from there?If he's not lying again I''ll pray for him.If he is you all should pray for him.And Kimber45 ,I wont wait long before I swing by and pick you up for that road trip.

Tettle07 said:
How much $$ he pay you for that???? [-X

Man, don't even go there... I guess most people don't have the patience I have, Life's too short.

Seriously, I had a hard time getting it and I got frustrated a few times, but I never let it get the best of me. But good luck and I'll try to give Dan a call later on today if I get a chance.

thehollyhick said:
I cant belive it,seconds after fileing a complaint with the bbb ,I get an email from fishmate pro owner Dan Howell. He finally responded to one of my many emails titled-Dan dont steal my money. He tells me he got way behind due to his mothers stroke and resent death,working two jobs,and being a single parent.Tells me to hang in there he'll get it done.Dyeguy1212 your not that far from me in orion,can you see sucker on my forhead from there?If he's not lying again I''ll pray for him.If he is you all should pray for him.And Kimber45 ,I wont wait long before I swing by and pick you up for that road trip.

If you get to talk to him again, ask him why your phone number was blocked. My calls still dont go through. It doesnt even ring. "The party you are calling is not accepting calls at this time. Please hang up now. 53929" Thats all I get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts