FishOn Fabrications - 56 gallon Livewell and bow deck step.q

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Here are a couple small projects I had on the camera.

First one is a livewell from this past week.

The boat is an 1860 G3 tunnel, which the owner uses certain times of the year to access shallow backwaters that he can't get his glass boat in. Problem is, the livewell that came with the boat takes up a fair amount of floor space, but is rather small (20 gallons or less), which becomes an issue in pair tourneys, where they need to keep 2 limits.

DSCI0168_zpsba6eded5.jpg

DSCI0166_zps8098154c.jpg

Solution was to get rid of that tank, and build a new one. Because the other tank took up a lot of floorspace, we simply made the new one 2" taller, and 2" deeper, front to back - width was the same. Therefore, there isn't a noticeable impact in the amount of floorspace used.

Tanked isn't mounted or plumbed yet. Owner plans on painting the tank, then he'll bring it back for installation.

IMG_2702_zps184290ee.jpg

IMG_2708_zps13c20f5d.jpg

IMG_2709_zps1f523b72.jpg

The next project has been floating around my camera for a month or so.

Boat is a 2072 Weldbilt that is used for commercial bait netting (and is laden with about 300 gallons worth of tank).

It has a gunwale height bow deck, which is useful for quickly and easily releasing bycatch, but is a pretty large step down to the lower deck. To make matters worse, that section of lower deck is sloped aft, and often covered in shad slime. Worn in diamond plate, covered with shad slime has a similar coefficient of friction as, say, marbles on a wood floor. Pretty easy to see the problem here - you step down, and your feet slide right out from under you.

DSCI0102_zpsa772e395.jpg

DSCI0103_zps932fac75.jpg

Solution there was to build a flat step, which will take one back to the flat section of the sole deck. Owner didn't want to loose any of the opening under the bow deck, so we opted to have the new step stay fairly low - about 7" at the aft end.

DSCI0107_zpsd55c40d0.jpg

DSCI0109_zps1f51f609.jpg

We put lids on the sides, but left the center solid, as he likes to sit net buckets in the middle. Even as shallow as these are, they provide a pretty good amount of storage.

DSCI0112_zpsdc7e0596.jpg

DSCI0113_zps115a9d74.jpg

DSCI0114_zps2174931b.jpg

bigwave said:
Hmmmm I cant see the pics. :cry:

That's definitely not good.

Whats more is that I can see them fine on two different computers, running firefox.

I've got them hosted through photobucket, same as I do with almost all the pictures I post. Are you at work, or somewhere that might have some sort of internet blocks? Some of those won't show photobucket pictures.

If you (or anyone else), still can't see them, I'll repost them some other way.

I see them - would love to fill the commercial tank with herring and drift the inlet in the spring and then fill it with bunker and drift anywhere in the fall

Will need a bigger boat - like this:

images

I like that 56 gallon livewell...its exactly what I want mounted in the back to the side in my boat. Out of curious what would that setup cost and is it insulated?
Chris

Latest posts