FishOn Fabrications - '80s Bass Tracker TX-17 refurb

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassboy1

TinBoats Sponsor
Reaction score
Admittedly, the photos of this project aren't the greatest quality, but I still want to post the project for a little variety.

Boat is an '80s vintage Bass Tracker TX-17. Owner purchased the boat for a song, and while the interior was, well, rough, the hull was still very sound, so it warranted a rebuild.

Here's what we started with. Lower deck plywood was held together by the carpet (it was removed with a shovel), plastic console was cracked 15 ways until Sunday, all the lids were plywood, and in poor shape, and the transom was in awful shape.

After cutting and cleaning everything, we installed a new lower deck. This one won't rot.

Then, a new bow deck structure. The old deck was 3/4" plywood that had a bunch of stiffeners screwed to it. However, it was only fastened to the boat in a couple places, and there was no real structure underneath.

Newly fabricated aluminum console.

Also, the owner wanted to build in a deck extension while the boat was apart. This allowed for some much needed storage, as well as a decent casting deck.

As mentioned before, the transom needed replacing, and the only right way to do it is eliminate the wood. Thus, a new aluminum transom is fabricated.

Now we just carpet, bolt the engine and a few of the accessories back on, and send it down the road!

And the best part....

Oh my dear god. I have the same boat just on a v hull. 1985 tournament v 17. I would kill for that front deck.

Latest posts