Friday 4-10-09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
I had the day off from work, so I slept in and went fishing with Captain Ahab in the afternoon. Neither of us cared where we went, so we settled on a small pond that was probably the warmest around. We were surprised to see a new canoe beached on the shore, so we talked about taking it out, but deccided it would probably scare more fish than anything. On my first cast with a white spinnerbait, I hooked up with a dink bass. A few casts later I hooked another bass, a little bigger. After I landed the second bass, Dave snagged his sebile magic swimmer into some brush, and decided he needed to take the canoe out to get his precious lure back. He slammed the canoe atleast a dozen time with the tree branch he was pushing himself around with, so the noise he created could have had a negative effect on the rest time we spent at this pond.

We spent another two or three hours at this pond, with me striking out, and Dave hooking into 6 small bass. Half were on a float and fin-s rig, the others a black JD baits 4" senko. After deciding the fish were turned off in this pond, we headed to another small pond close by that was on our way home. Within 5 minutes of getting there, I hooked into a decent LM and snapped a pic. This fish came on a JD baits green pumpkin black flake 6" fatboy. Minutes later two young kids come and start fishing pretty much on top of me, so I move to another spot. On my first cast at the new spot, I hook into another decent LM around a pound and a half on the same bait.

We fished a while longer, getting no more hits. Dave could not even produce a crappie or bluegill on his float rig.....wierd.

41009lmtppf.jpg

I see your luck has begin to change. Nice job on the largies.

I have my jon up Green Lane now, so when ever you and Dave want to try for those 10+ pounders, let me know

Latest posts