Garmin fishfinders any good?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acwd

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody out there has one and have many issues with them? I have got two Humminbird fish finders and both have been nothing but a pain in the rear. So I am not buying another one from them!

Steve

Its a good company, probably make the best value GPS's in the industry. I have a small garmin DF on my boat, it reads reliably at all speeds. Top speed on my boat is 29mph. It marks fish, now all I gotta do is catch them, not sure everything it marks as fish really is fish, to be honest. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, I got mine with credit card reward points so you know it was inexpensive.
Tim

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321583#p321583 said:
earl60446 » 08 Jul 2013, 11:18[/url]"]Its a good company, probably make the best value GPS's in the industry. I have a small garmin DF on my boat, it reads reliably at all speeds. Top speed on my boat is 29mph. It marks fish, now all I gotta do is catch them, not sure everything it marks as fish really is fish, to be honest. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, I got mine with credit card reward points so you know it was inexpensive.
Tim

Which Garmin do you have? I was looking into the Echo 100 and 150.

I've got an echo 200, works great once you get it dialed in. I have had mine for 2 seasons now. One thing I really like is the dual frequencies. Their wide cone is much wider than alot of the other finders in the same price range. It lets it work well in shallow water. Also the 200 has a nice big easy to read screen, even in bright daylight.

I had an older one and wasn't impressed. I replaced it with a Lowrance. I have two Lowrance units on my jon now, I don't think I'll ever buy anything else. They work really really well.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321641#p321641 said:
Ernest T. Bass » Yesterday, 19:17[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321583#p321583 said:
earl60446 » 08 Jul 2013, 11:18[/url]"]Its a good company, probably make the best value GPS's in the industry. I have a small garmin DF on my boat, it reads reliably at all speeds. Top speed on my boat is 29mph. It marks fish, now all I gotta do is catch them, not sure everything it marks as fish really is fish, to be honest. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, I got mine with credit card reward points so you know it was inexpensive.
Tim

Which Garmin do you have? I was looking into the Echo 100 and 150.

Mine is older but comparable to the echo 100 or 150, small unit, small screen, black and white.
Tim

I have been looking at the Echo 200. I think it will be my next purchase in electronics for the boat. I use to have a Eagle fish finder, I love it it worked good but these Humminbirds have been the biggest POS ever.

Steve