Gas going up!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flounderhead59 said:
Waterwings said:
In early June I'm going to my nephews Navy boot camp graduation near Chicago.

You gonna wear your Master Chief costume? When is Pass in Review?

Right now we're guessing around June 9th (he shipped to boot camp on April 9th), but that's a shot in the dark as his mother (my sister) hasn't rec'd anything in writing from GLakes yet. Do they have a Navy Lodge on Mainside up there?

Nope not wearing the costume, lol. We think his RDC must have been messing with him because my nephew told them I might be coming (only 4 guests allowed at graduation), so they told him I had to wear summer whites or SDB's. Yeah....right, lol. My ID card says the same thing as yours....Retired! :) . I thought about it recently and I've been wearing a uniform for 33 yrs now :shock: (21 AD, 12 jrotc).

If you decide to wear the uniform I would recommend SDB. I believe that's what we had to wear for all our PIR's as RDC's. 95% of all PIR are on Friday's

Yes there is a Navy Lodge up here about 1.5 miles from RTC main entrance.

Navy Lodge
2500 Meridian Dr, Great Lakes, IL 60088
(847) 689-1485

You can Google Map from the above address to 137 & Illinois for directions to the main gate.

Trust me, if he got set back, you should already know about it. The recruit is allowed to call home to tell his/her family that they were set back. Also, the RDC's have to call the recruiter and then they call the parents.

flounderhead59 said:
Trust me, if he got set back, you should already know about it. The recruit is allowed to call home to tell his/her family that they were set back. Also, the RDC's have to call the recruiter and then they call the parents.

He's good to go so far. He called his mother just recently and he's enjoying himself....so far, lol. He's 19 and wasn't doing anything (working), and decided to join on his own. He had the SWCC Challenge put in his contract and worked feverishly swimming a lot at the local pool and running.
Chosen rate due to his scores was air traffic controller.