Gasoline,,,?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WaltR said:
I wish I could find somewhere around here that sells alcohol free gas by more than the gallon tin for an outrageous price. We buy that for Fire Company's gas powered tools. Can't risk stale gas in rescue tools and they have pint sized tanks.

Since I know of ethanol free stations near me, I haven't gotten on this site in a couple of years but it may help you locate one near you. A lot of the places that sell it are smaller mom and pop type stations that you may not know about.

https://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AL

Thanks,

According to that site, the nearest alcohol free gas is over well over an hour away from me in Maryland or Pennsylvania.
#-o

There is one thing to keep in mind these days about high test gas. Many stations are now using that as the alcohol free option, at least around here.
All you guys with the old outboards remember something else too..........CHANGE OUT THOSE OLD NON ETHANOL RATED HOSES. If you don't you will get big issues from the deteriorating inner liner as well and it won't be leakage but rather a stuffed up carb.

I've replaced everything rubber that makes contact with gasoline in the old Johnson. The fuel pump, carb gaskets, float, both fuel lines. I have a pretty transparent blue feed line from the tank hose fitting to the pump now. Would have preferred clear, but the blue line was so cheap. The in line fuel filter is clear, so I can evaluate fuel condition visually. Hopefully, that will minimize the effects of alcohol.

Where is your closest Wawa? I just bought 10 gal of ethanol free 93 octane for $2.63 per gal.

nowgrn4 said:
Where is your closest Wawa? I just bought 10 gal of ethanol free 93 octane for $2.63 per gal.

Nearest Wawa is less than 10 miles. They are all over the place here. Headquarters is less than 60 miles. Unfortunately, nothing but ethanol in Wawa gas in Delaware and, to my knowledge, the surrounding states.

As long as the subsidies to waste corn in the production of ethanol continue, I'm afraid we're going to be stuck with it in the bulk of the gasoline in this country. I've no problem with ethanol from switchgrass, sugar cane and sugar beet "waste", but there's no economic logic to corn ethanol unless you're going to make whisky.

I just heard that they've developed an agricultural process to make isobutanol from other crops for jet fuel. Isobutanol doesn't have all the negatives of ethanol in fuel as it doesn't eat your fuel lines, gaskets. Not sure if it doesn't suffer from the H20 issues. I believe the feed source is non-food grade biomass, so your not turning perfectly good food into poor fuel/fuel additive.

We vacation on a Lake in Northern Wisconsin and the marina on the lake only has one gas pump. He only carries 93 octane gas. Was $3.95 per gallon this year ($2.17 to get 87 at a gas station 10 miles down the road). I didn't want to spend the extra $$ for the 93 octane but it was convenient to fuel up my boat on the water instead of trailering it to a gas station 10 miles away.