Got my Boat 1998 Smokercraft Voyager 14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking outboard.
Kinda a weird size-18hp?
Seems pretty small for a 4 stroke,how much does it weigh?

Zum said:
Nice looking outboard.
Kinda a weird size-18hp?
Seems pretty small for a 4 stroke,how much does it weigh?

Thanks, Yeah I was looking for a 17 1/2 and this was the closest I could find :lol:
Tohatsu supposedly makes all Nissan outboards and Mercury Motors under 25hp. Size? it may be the picture it weighs around 115 pounds.

been outa town on vacation but wanted to post progress on the front deck, with thanks to bassboy for his suggestion on support.

Attachments

• IMG_2101.JPG
    IMG_2101.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,825
  • IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,825
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,825
Awesome progress so far ATB. I have a 08 smokercraft myself and I am gathering ideas to begin my casting deck. Really like the framing that you have done. It is going to look great when completed. =D> From the pics, I would assume that you used rivets for the framing. If so, can you tell me what size rivets you worked with?

Lunkerville said:
Awesome progress so far ATB. I have a 08 smokercraft myself and I am gathering ideas to begin my casting deck. Really like the framing that you have done. It is going to look great when completed. =D> From the pics, I would assume that you used rivets for the framing. If so, can you tell me what size rivets you worked with?
Thanks Lunkerville, I used 3/16 rivets with 1/4 and 3/8 grip depending on the connection.

Hi ATB,

I was just looking at your pics again and have a question. My boat is similar to yours in that there are side support bars attached to the top of the bench seat and again at the gunnels. With respect to your deck, are you just going to leave the piece behind these supports exposed?

Latest posts