Gotta get ready for gator season!!! 14'flat bottom/johnson25

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Green

Reaction score
First of i gotta say I love this site!! This is my first boat and i never knew you could do these things to these kinds of boats and there are some just amazing boats on this site. I mean its 4 in the morning and im still looking and getting ideas on here. ok now Im building two boats and they need to be ready before june. I just recently when from no boat and just wishing i had even a canoe to having two boats and one trailer and two johnson out boards. I got a 14' fisher marine flatbottom on a trailer with a 25 hp johnson on the back and a 14' fiberglass MFG V bottom with a 4.5 hp johnson on the back but no trailer, and im only into both boats combined $550.00. i think that pretty good. Well im just getting started so ill go ahead and post what iv got done and i would love to hear what every has to say on my build or any ideas you may have for me.this is my first time at this and ill need all the help i can get. Thanks

Jason N.
USMC
Semper Fi

Attachments

• IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    966.9 KB · Views: 3,178
this is how bad it was when i got, yeah iv seen worse but it is pretty bad

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,108
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,108
almost clean just need to flip it and wash it but finially got out all that rotten wood and stirofoam

heres the fiber glass i have cut out the center sit and got the front deck in and installed two speakers in the front gotta have a radio in the boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 3,106
Welcome and thanks for joining! You got 2 projects going on, thats awesome. If you do them as seperate threads i can add them to the list, one under tin and one under glass.

Jim

I Really hope well get some ten footers or more. This will be my first time as i just moved here from texas last year, and i love it here.

I've never been, but here's a forum dedicated to MS gator hunting you might like. https://www.bullnettlenews.com/forum/yaf_topics4_Alligator.aspx

Hey benjineer thank for the link im deff gonna check it out. should be helpful.
Hey Gunny, OOORAH, Its gonna be a blast. Its just me and my three year old son, he loves helping his daddy work on stuff. Helping, getting in tha way,lol. no but it is really fun doing it with him though.

That's great! My two-year-old loves "helping" me too. It was just he and I on my first coastal trip in my tin last year, and I/we caught a limit of reds in a couple of hours. Man was he excited. If all goes as planned, we're going to try it again this weekend.

Latest posts