Have yall ever heard anything this crazy?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathunter21

Reaction score
One of my friends just bought a 14 foot jon boat from another one of my friends. the boat had a `10 horse early 70's johnson on it that has sit in the woods for 15 years since it was last started. My friend put fresh gas in the tank and new plugs and it started in 3 pulls! WOW!

Wow, thats pretty exstream.
We leave a little 2hp in the woods,under a old plywood jon.Only gets used(that we know off)couple times a year,for a backwoods fishing trip.It's starts for us every year,even broke the pull cord one year and started it by spinning the flywheel.

Yup.

I had a buddy drag a boat over to the house that he had picked up for a song. He had bought it from a widow at his church who's husband had been gone for over 10 years and she just wanted it gone from the yard. The boat and motor had not been moved since before he passed away. He had to take a set of wheels and tires with him to pick up the boat because the old ones had literally disintegrated off of the trailer.

I backed it into the garage and opened the lid on the 6 gallon tank. There was 3 gallons of what looked like Concord grape jelly in it that was once upon a time an oil/gas mix. It literally emptied out like jelly when I tried to dump it.

I pulled the plugs, fogged the cylinders, reinstalled the plugs, hooked the thing to a fresh tank of gas on my boat and fired it up in under 5 pulls of the rope. After the oil burned off, it purred like a kitten and he is still running the boat and motor 7 years later, problem free.

I found an old outboard in the trash no idea haw old it was or what type It was seized up. I Was able to get it loose but damaged the gasket.
A friend made me one and i was able to get the motor running . I ran that thing for 3 years before i gave it away