here she is

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks ben2go. i wasnt too big on v hulls. i like the semi v now. i went to look at this boat mainly for the motors and the trailer. but now that i see how big this boat is, i really like it. should be as stable as a 36" flat bottom and maybe as stable as a 48" flatbottom. mine has a 60" beam and is 48" across bottom. plus its hard to find a 48" flatbottom used, cheap in my area.

Nevermind I see it now. I had a similar problem on the hull of mine. I sanded it down and then sealed the crack/hole. I used the locktite 5 minute epoxy putty and its holding well, but you could also use silicone. Then I took a piece of sheet aluminum and made a patch to go over the sealed hole, siliconed some more and then riveted it in place. I have since painted over it and between those 3 things I have no more leak from the crack.
100_1149.jpg

If you have any questions let me know

Fishinchef, there is a patch on the inside if the boat in the same place the piece is cracked. The outside appears to have been epoxied before also. I plan on finding the leaks int he boat and fixing them. then put steelflex epoxy on the entire outside of the boat to prevent any future leaks. here is a pic of the patch.

Attachments

• patch1.JPG
    patch1.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 176
If its not leaking I wouldn't fix it, but if it is a really "ugly" patch you might want to redo it. From the boats I've seen/owned in the past the previous owner tends to over silicone a patch and it makes it look much larger than the leak actually is.