Hot!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worminken

Reaction score
I took my 12' jon out and used my 45# Motor Guide. I normally use a 28# on my boat and the 45# on rentals. Anyhow, after four hours of fishing, the top of the motor and the battery terminals were sizziling. Any ideas what type of problem I may have.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Bad connection, too small wire size or more likely both ... The difference in max amps between my motorguide #43 (50 amps) and my old #30 Minnkota (30 Amps) is 20 amps which is a couple of wire sizes if you are going any length

Thanks for the reply. The wiring is less than 4' and came on the motor. The the wires were connected to the battery nuts using wing nuts. I have used this motor and battery in the past (on larger boats) with no problems.

malaki said:
I had a bad battery cause evrything to get hot. bout burned my hand pulling the bow light out.
Just out of curiosity...did you find out what was BAD with the battery?

i noticed it was bubbling out the top when i charged it so i just got a new one. the guy i bought the boat from had it 5 years and it was used when he got it.

Latest posts