How are bunks attached

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moloch16

Reaction score
I need to replace my bunks but not sure how they are attached to the trailer? Has anyone done this and know what type of connector is used so I know what to expect when making the change.

Thanks!!

Easiest way is to just use the same type of brackets that are currently installed. What's there now?

Guess it depends on the make/style/brand of trailer. I changed the bunks out on a tracker trailer I had, did all the measuring and inspecting and materials list while boat was in the water on a weekday. That way I had easy access to all areas of the trailer w/o crawling under the boat. I then built the new bunks to the same specs as old ones, took everything to the boat ramp again, launched the boat and wife drove around the cove while I removed the old and install the new bunks. This trailer had "L" shaped uprights for the bunks to mount to with a 1/4" lag bolt. It's not rocket science, and don't use PT wood.

I've done it and just re-used the old hardware. Unless it has rusted away, you should be fine.

If you need any parts, these guys have everything.

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Boat_Trailer_Parts-sf-Roller_and_Bunk_Parts-pt-Brackets-sz-Bunk_Bracket.aspx

richg99