How often are you filling your battery?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogman Ladue

Reaction score
How often are you filling your battery?

The AC Delco #27 was getting weak again, yesterday. :roll: I popped the caps and the cells were nearly dry. The battery is 3 months old. My back up interstate is running like a champ without issue. I've had nothing but problems with these AC Delcos. This is the third warrentied replacement in the last 3 years. Just wondering how ya'lls batteries are holding out.

I usualy trickle charge my Optima Blue Top at 2 Amps...maybe 4 Amps is too much...BTW is your charger one of those electronic ones that knows when the charge is 100% and shuts itself off ? and starts charging again when the battery is bellow certain level ?...just my .2
Dan

DanMC said:
I usualy trickle charge my Optima Blue Top at 2 Amps...maybe 4 Amps is too much...BTW is your charger one of those electronic ones that knows when the charge is 100% and shuts itself off ? and starts charging again when the battery is bellow certain level ?...just my .2
Dan

Yes. It's an auto shut off. I'll put it on overnight, then switch it to a 700ma Battery tender.

BTW, you need a special charger for that Optima.

I only use mine about 2-3 times a week lately,more a years prior.
This battery is currently on it's 4th year,added alittle bit of distilled water last year.
I charge at 10amps,it's close to 10% of the amp hours of my battery.
I only bought 3 batteries in the last 15 years.First 1 a nautilus(Candian tire),the next 2 from walmart Energizers up here.

:twisted: The answer is never. I think your battery is probably SHOT again. Your charger might be the problem. My batteries get charged at 5amps with an on board charger and once they are at 100% it goes into trickle mode.

Nautilus 15A Onboard Battery Charger

Photos

Previous
Next

MotoMaster Nautilus 15A Onboard Battery Charger

Product #11-1521-8
See more Battery Charging or compare

Sale $149.99

Reg. $199.99 / Save 25%

Overall Rating

5out of5

This is what i use...

https://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/3/Batteries/BatteryChargers/PRD~0111521P/MotoMaster+Nautilus+15A+Onboard+Battery+Charger.jsp

Latest posts