I swear Dear, it just followed me home!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always easier to beg for forgiveness than to beg for permission. And like I told my wife 'You can't stay mad forever". :lol: Good looking boat.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351632#p351632 said:
juggernot » Yesterday, 22:15[/url]"]NICE! are the splash guard and transducer mount from the factory?

No. The Walleye Masters and transducers mount were added by my dealer. He transferred my MinnKota PD45 with removable mount from my old boat to the new one too.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351627#p351627 said:
WVfishnfool » Yesterday, 21:56[/url]"]It's always easier to beg for forgiveness than to beg for permission. And like I told my wife 'You can't stay mad forever". :lol: Good looking boat.

Very close to my normal saying of "It's far easier to get forgiveness that permission"! However in this case the wife was on board with this purchase. She will do a small amount of fishing with me and wants some comfort.

Had it out for the maiden voyage today before the storm rolled through and ran us off of the lake.

Did the 1st hour like the dealer said. Even at @ 1/3 throttle the boat would plane (took awhile). Windy choppy day. The G3 handles awesome. Stayed dry. Ride was smooth considering the chop. No steering torque at all.

After the 1st hour I gave her some throttle. Jumped right up on top and scooted across the water at a pretty good clip. How fast? Do not know. Mid to upper 20's. I wasn't able to get my Hummingbird 581 to work correctly. Still trying to figure that out.

Yamaha's outboard website performance bulletin shows that boat/motor combo w 14" pitched prop. speed of 30mph @ 5500rpm and about 9 mpg.

Numbers went on yesterday. Local vehicle wrap/sign place makes them to order. Went silver on top of red to somewhat match the colors on the boat .

It is now officially a Fishing Boat! Nasty conditions this morning with the cold front, temps and wind. But this little G3 handled just fine. Real solid platform. Backtrolls with ease.

Neal, the owner of Southside Marine, replaced my HB 581. Had it on the water this morning. Works just fine now. The F40 pushes my V167T at 30 mph with just me and my gear. I was able to hit 32 at WOT, but it runs best at @ 3/4 throttle and hit's 30. No sense wasting fuel for 2 mph.

As for the 581. If you are looking for a lower priced Combo, keep looking. This one isn't one you will want. Very hard to see the screen most of the time. Look at the 600 series on Hummingbird and up.

Latest posts