I Took A Break From Swimbaits

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
Not catching as many fish when I was using swimbaits was killing me, so tonight, I threw a spinnerbait some. It didn't take but a few casts before I caught the first bass. The scale said 2lbs 13 oz, but I could have sworn it was bigger. The second fish wasn't worth a picture or weight measurement. The third bass weighed 3lbs 2oz on the scale, but on a length and girth converter, it said the bass would be 4 lbs even. The lenght was 20 inches and the girth was 12 inches. My scale was hesitant to turn on, so I think the battery is going. The spinnerbait I was using was a Strike King (I think) Redfish Magic in electric chicken color.

1st bass

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

2nd Bass (The battery in my camera died after the flash for the first bass.)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-2.jpg

The second bass looked a lot bigger in person, but with the cell phone picture with a flashlight light on the fish, it doesn't look like much.

Nice fish dude! The size and weight looks good to me. how does the length and gerth scale actually go. ive heard a few ways a figuring it out and they are all close but what is the most accurate way of doing it. ANYONE?

you should test you r scale - take something with a known weight and see what it says. If you do not have anything - take your scale to your local post office and bring something you can hang from it (I used a reel) weight the object on the postal scale (they will let you if you say Please) and then your scale.

Nice fish

mtnman said:
how does the length and gerth scale actually go

I used this one and use the second box for bass.
https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=85&cmid=OLFISHCALC

Latest posts