If you were selling my boat, what would be your asking price

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Without knowing how much money I put into it, what would you ask for (or what would you pay) for my boat? I put it on CL, but I have a strong feeling its going no where fast with the amount of kick *** boats on there for cheap...

monark 1432

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8484

Thanks..

Hmm. So difficult to tell given all the variables (location, supply, etc.). Is it with a trailer? With the motors? I think the restored boat would go for maybe 700 by me? Just not sure, though.

This is what the CL listing might say... lol

Monark 1432 jon boat converted to bass setup

When I bought the boat, it was stripped down and painted with topside marine paint and decked (and carpeted). I just finished it about a month ago, and it is in excellent condition. It is a VERY professional job, and gets a ton of compliments everytime I take it out.

The boat features:
Gloss Red Topside marine paint on the hull, won’t blister or crack in the water. Applied with an automotive spray gun I borrowed from my uncles collision shop.
Brand new decks and marine grade carpeting
2 trolling motors: (1) 2009 Motor Guide Varimax 45 lb and (1) Minn Kota 40 lb
2 Deep Cycle Batteries: One brand new, bought June 21 2009
Trolling motor plug on the front deck, with wiring run under the decks to the rear storage compartment
Anchor Mate with 10 lb anchor
2 brand new high back seats and swivels from cabelas
Not pictured, but also included is a brand new pair of rodsavers.
Registered until 2012
Solidly built and looks great.. Comfortable and practical.
I’ve been in the boat with me (205lbs), my dad (220+) and a cooler full of water, and it water never reaches the mid way point of the hull.
I still have a small amount of topside paint left, so you can have it to touch up dings and scratches, without having to order more.

A trailer is also included:
14-16 ft SeaKing trailer
New light kit this spring
2 good tires currently on the trailer and 2 like new (probably never used) good year tires (4 total tires)

thudpucker, you should know that I'd attempt to kill you after receiving an offer like that (unless you were looking at the before pics and not the after pics)...
:lol:

if its boat motor and trailer I would say $1000

If it was me I would keep an eye out for a good deal on a small outboard... I would think it would go for close to $1500 then.

Yeah, your C.L. ad makes a much better boat out of it. :)
You fix yours the way you want it. I did my 'V' similarly. It's pretty hard to find a buyer for some things these days.

Great looking boat. But without a gas outboard, you wont get $1000. $650- 750 range? Have found simular with outbaord but w/out paint for 800-1000.

If we were closer I could make you a pretty good deal. :wink:
I have a great shape, lo hours, 9.5 Johnson. I think it was only in Salt water once, way back in the 70's. The rest of the time it was our Fly fishing motor in the lakes of Washington state and Canada.

I have this little V I want to exchange for a Jon boat.
pink-4512x384.jpg

If we were closer, we could make a swap.
You give me your boat, and I'd give you mine.
Trailers we could swap if need be. (I have paperwork on the boat and trailer)
I'll throw in the Johnson, and you throw in $300 and you could keep those electric motors :? .

Yes similar to yours. His looks newer and hardly used though.
Thats a 36" bottom, and I'm wanting a 44" at least.
Also I'd really like a 10' boat. I'd take a 12' or even a 14' if the price was right. But its just me now, and one little boat is enough. :wink: :)

you did a super clean job on your rig it looks great

I think the price is going to soaly depend on the price of living where you sell it. around here nobody would offer more than 5-600, especially with it being black nomatter how nice it is. now if we go to the next town over where's all the rich folk live, i'd say you could get a grand easy, but you'd just have to wait for that rich retired couple w/ the cash too boot for a small boat. most people around here will buy a pos glass bassboat for a grand before brand new looking jon

anyhoo, your rigs sweet

luckily, oakland county is one of the richest counties in America.... unluckily, I'm a broke college student and have to fix up old boats and try to sell them to get enough money to buy a bigger one...

Without a motor, I think you'll be lucky to get $650.00.
Dont take me wrong, the boat looks great, but it is still an older narrow flatbottom on a used trailer. In most places they are a dime a dozen, with lot of them on the market because of the economy.

After knowing how much I paid for my Alumacraft 1432 with trailer ( $800 ) I would say pop it up on CL for $1400 and take $1200 cash when bartering starts

Latest posts