Inside rail on Lowe boat(s)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lovedr79 said:
I love my versa trac in my grizzly. I have only mounted the bass pro rod holders with carriage bolts. But have plans for cup holders. I like the fact that I can move rod holders to either side or to accomodate the number of people or Target species

How are those bps rod holders working out for you? I was finally able to see a pic of one in a catalog at bps and decided to go with something different. I'm waiting for a driftmaster rodholder I ordered with an L shaped base that I'm hoping will work with the carriage bolts.

The cupholder/storage tray you can see in my earlier post came from walmart 9-10 bucks and I just took out the suction cups where the bolts go. Really handy place to keep pliars and hang lures when switching.

overboard said:
also have a 1654 FB TRACKER GRIZZLEY with the groove (versa trac). I have all kinds of stuff attached to it with 1/4" carriage bolts,
and made up brackets. mines a 2006, and had the holes in it to insert the bolts.
not sure, but I believe the lowe roughnecks also have this, either called VAR TRAC, or EXTRUDED RECEIVER GUNNEL.
too bad I can fabricate better than use the computer. I was trying to post a build yesterday. lots of pics. of how I used the TRAC to mount almost everything. it said file too big, and wouldn't load.I don't know how to break the file down so it will load.

I'd like to see your pics to get some ideas. Have you tried posting individual pics? Or if they are too big by themselves use like office picture manager to make them smaller or compressed.

If you want pm me and I'll give you my email so you can send them to me and I'll make them smaller for you if you don't have a program.

[quoteI'd like to see your pics to get some ideas. Have you tried posting individual pics? Or if they are too big by themselves use like office picture manager to make them smaller or compressed.

If you want pm me and I'll give you my email so you can send them to me and I'll make them smaller for you if you don't have a program.[/quote]

actually deleated most of the stuff for the things I mounted on the trac, trying to get the file smaller. I still have them in the camera, and can reload them, or just go out to the boat and retake them. I'm getting the files all screwed up now, trying to post this build. I tried to post individual pics. and couldn't do it. I can do it on tacoma world, but not here. I'm using the files off the computer, not photobucket.
I'M AN IDIOT ON THIS CONTRAPTION!!! don't know if I can even get them to you, to do what you'r suggesting. probablly the best thing I can do is get a youngster here to do it for me.

Mostly, I post my pix on Picasa / Google on line. When I tell PICASA to UPLOAD some picture(s)...it automatically gives me a choice of what size. I choose the smallest size, which is plenty big enough for most sites.

After the pix uploads, I then RIGHT CLICK on the pix in question; choose COPY PICTURE URL/LOCATION......((( on some picture sites...you may have to hit CONTROL and C simultaneously to copy the LINK of the on-site location)));

I come back to this post....click IMG on the top line; hit CONTROL and V simultaneously to paste the LINK here...and viola! Picture shows up here.

Takes longer to type than to do....wheeew....Let me know if I can help.

regards, Rich

This is the site where Picasa puts my pictures....
https://picasaweb.google.com/home

thanks for trying to help: maby I could post 1 pic. at a time. after I click browse,open the folder, then click on the pic. and hit open, a code comes up in the browse. how do I get that one pic. to post, instead of the whole file?

I did a bunch of mods., in a different way than most, and am trying to contribute to the site. I fully utilized the TRAC SYSTEM by using brackets to attach almost everything to it. also; not one hole drilled in the boat, for anything.
I'll get there on pics, I HOPE!

when you click on the browse in the "upload attachment", go to the one pic that you want to post and click on it. Then click on "add the file". box will pop up saying upload in progress.

Put your cursor where you want the pic here in the box and then click the "place inline".

Then submit or preview first if you want to check it then submit.

here goes nothing. see what happens! OK you got me there, somehow I got a pic., don't know how, but I got a pic.
THANKS, parkerdog.
will try to get this mod posted. like I said, I'm not too good at this.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,428
I'm jealous... The motor hanging on the back of yours is something thats on my to get list. Sadly too many other things on the list first that would get more use.

was just trying to post some of the VERSA TRAC pics. #-o . I'll figure it out, got one to post, so it can be done. will try again tomorrow.

OK. tried something different. maby can get to post.
pic.of rod holders, seat mod, and cleat secured to VT. part of fishfinder mount on lower right.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    795.2 KB · Views: 714
After I ran my 6 guage for my trolling motor I wondered about some pvc for conduit. Looks like that worked out pretty good.

Where did you get the anchor lock?

I still have to get some cleats for mine but no oarlocks because it's too wide.

Just what I need an excuse to spend more money on the boat! lol

Believe it or not, toilet bowl flange bolts work in that slot. :lol:

The oblong shape lets you insert them, then just turn them so they grab.

I used some to mount up brackets for my black light mounts on my Roughneck.

parkerdog said:
After I ran my 6 guage for my trolling motor I wondered about some pvc for conduit. Looks like that worked out pretty good.

Where did you get the anchor lock?

I still have to get some cleats for mine but no oarlocks because it's too wide.

Just what I need an excuse to spend more money on the boat! lol
I'm pretty sure I bought it at a flea market. always on the lookout for stuff like that.
funny you mentioned that. I just took it off and am mounting a deckhand 40 in its place. I will use it on the stern for a second anchor.
I just made a small deck to mount the deckhand on. I made it to fit into the VERSA TRAC. I really like that trac, just takes some imagination on how to utilize it.
the pvc did work fairly well, even cut notches in a few of the 90's, to get some plugs through the corners.

Latest posts