Introduce myself

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun

Reaction score
New guy from Detroit. Good to join y'all, here is what I'm working with. Can any one identify model/make? Any suggestions how to fix up the transom?

Attachments

• Image035.jpg
    Image035.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 408
  • Image036.jpg
    Image036.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 408
  • Image037.jpg
    Image037.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 408
  • Image038.jpg
    Image038.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 408
If that was my boat the first two things I would do would be to.

1. remove all the wood from the inside and outside of the transom.
2. start searching ebay for "transom corner" and pick up a pair.

https://tinyurl.com/ybpsl7v

Once you have new corners you will be able to tie the sides to the transom better and you can then start fitting a piece of aluminum sheet to repair that damaged corner. I would plan on using steel-flex or gluv-it as well. That boat looks like it had a rough life.

Thanks for Joining - read through teh posts (use the Search feature) and you will have that boat up and running in no time. One or two afternoons of work and eh boat will be good to go

Rough life indeed.I worked for a marine const.co. for 15 years ( now going out of business) it's one of our old ones.If I had known it was going to be mine i would not have ran it into so much stuff.I know I got some bad rivets,one row under the rear seat five of them are just gone.I cant weld aluminum,no tig.but i think she's gonna get resurrected. got three motors to chose a 1973 evinrude 25hp,johnson 4hp delux lower end hardware is missing or a 7.5 hp mercury

Latest posts