Introduction and Question- Ultimate Fishing / Duck Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickT

Reaction score
I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mick. I live in E TN. I am recently boatless :( thanks to some scum-of-the-earth theives who decided they needed it more than I did. My last boat was an Alumacraft Mod V 1544. My wife' s uncle helped me set it up. We did all the wiring, installed an aluminum floor, and an aluminum box livewell. Since I suddenly find myself back in the market, I was wondering what features you guys think I should include in my next boat. Right now I'm thinking about a jon or Mod V in the 15'-16' range and a 48" bottom.

Welcome aboard - sucks about the theft.

I see you want to duck hunt with the boat, what size water and what type of power are you considering

:WELCOME: aboard!

Thanks for joining! Another East TN member :beer:

I hate thieves! :evil: Sorry to hear some scum bag stole your stuff. I think your on the right track with the size of the boat.....I would try to find one without a middle bench seat so you can have plenty of space to move around fishing and duck hunting.

Sorry, I guess I could have included that info. I mainly hunt and fish rivers less than 100 yds wide and will occasionally get out on a lake or two. I am looking at around 25-40 hp (probably closer to 25) for this rig.

Hey, welcome...sorry about your boat. I'm in West Knox County and can tell you there are tons of boats going up on craigslist lately. If you are looking for a duck boat type in something like "duck boat" in the search and right now I think there are two or three choices.

I hope you find what you're looking.

I'm also in the market for a boat and everyone has been steering me towards jon's because they are pretty customizable, fun, and easy to use.

See below for the ultimate duck / fishing boat :lol: (At least I hope, it makes a fantastic fishing boat but I just purchased in April)

Too bad about your boat. Hope you end up with something even better.
Although it's no concelation. I hope whomever stole your boat has a mishap way far away from land and sinks then they find out that their inflatable vests don't inflate because the CO2 is empty! =D> [-o<

:WELCOME:

If I expressed my opinions regarding thieves, it would overload the censorship software....but if I ever catch one in the act on my property I'll be giving my buddy with a backhoe a midnight call..........

ST

Latest posts