Is this major repair

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVNET

Reaction score
I found a 5hp gamefisher motor that needs a new fuel pump valve, is that an easy cheap repair ?

The reason for this valve on this engine is:

It crank and idles fine, and when in neutral it can be rev up.

But when in gear and in the water, if you rev it, it dies under the load.

What else could it be, the gas valve or something else ?

is the fuel bulb on the line from the tank staying primed? i put my valve in sideways and my motor did the same thing, make sure the thin part is up and down

How hard to fix the auto rewind system for the pull string, the owner claims the spring is broken.

I found a good deal on a boat that I like, but the motor has these little problems that places it on an out of commission status.

If it is an easy fix then we are good to go, but it I am going to have to spend $300 just to get the motor going, then it is not that great of a deal at that point.

Any other ideas of that this might be ?

The carb pump problem is an easy fix,just make sure you replace the carb to intake gasket.The rewind can be don at any small engine or lawn mower shop.Should be more than $30 for everything,unless parts are more expensive there.Sears online parts department may have the parts you need.Just type in the motor model number.

This is Mayor Repair:

0_61_320_Marion_Barry.jpg

Marion Berry the former Crack Head mayor of D.C.

Captain Ahab said:
This is Mayor Repair:

Could not help but to smile.... very funny. Major Repairs.....

Fixed my beat up trolling motor.

It was just bad design combined with not a delicate previous owner, result is a damage switch.

The designer of the trolling motor, linked the long and strong shaft to a very small and flimsy switch lever.

A very disproportionate union.

So, normally people ride their boat with their heavy hand resting on the trolling motor handle to stir, so indirectly,
all the weight of you hand is transfer to the switch little lever.

The result is that now the switch has an internal loose connection, but the switch is sealed so it can't be repaired.

I did noticed that when I held the switch body tight in my hand, it would work correctly, so I just wrap a wire around the switch and tighten it with a set of pliers.

Put it back together and now that is working properly I even discover that it has two speed in reverse and five speed forward. Before it used to be one speed reverse and 3 speed forward.

But it is still a clue to be looking for a new trolling motor in the future....

Everyday I just realize how bad I felt for this boat, it looked like a lot for the money, but it was all junk...

At this point I just feel like going to a credit union, take out a loan and just buy everything new from a dealer, can't trust anybody these days...

People lie it is nothing to do it anymore...

Captain Ahab said:
This is Mayor Repair:

:lol: =D> That's funny. I liked that. made me laugh and that doesn't seem to happen that often lately.

Latest posts