It's arrived

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDHawgs said:
If only I could find deals like that! That thing is awesome. Gonna be a great boat and build! =D>

Thanks, I have bought 3 G3's before I found this boat and look religiously on Craigslist. It's pretty much pure luck and a once in a lifetime find.
For $1800, can't be it.

Have you thought much about your drivers seating. That Seaark looks a lot like my Lowe in that you have a bench behind the console. My problem has been that when seated I'm too low to see what's in front of me, and with a passenger it's impossible to see. When standing I really get to wanting to lean back on something higher than my calves after an hour or so.

I'm looking at fabricating something, but have been shocked that there just doesn't seem to be anything out there addressing the issue already.

Working on that now but still getting a couple of bugs worked out. There will be a seat there but as with CC's I've owned, always stood while running. A leaning post would be an alternative for you.

I prefer to stand while driving as well, the problem is addressing the leaning post issue given the proximity of the console to the rear deck. I've been kicking around some ideas, as there just aren't many reasonable commercial options (I hate the thought of paying $600+ for a commercial leaning post just to start cutting it up and then painting it). I'm looking more into making a square tube frame from 1" od material that will sit on my rear deckand provide a 12" higher seating leaning surface. Weld two 1" id square sections to the front of my deck that legs can slide into, and attach a folding bench to the top.

We'll see how it works.

I prefer to stand when I’m running up on top anyway. I just feel like I have a better sense of what's going on and I can react quicker if need be. If just cruising around then I’ll set down. Sometimes I’ll just fold up my legs and sit on them until the go num. :LOL2:
I’m going to raise my console up a little bit. It’s right at that point when I’m standing I have to bend down pretty far to drive. I’m going to make a storage compartment about 10 to 12 inches high and mount my console on top of it.

Snapped some shots today of general markup of the fabrication mods. Time permitting tomorrow I'll start a build thread. It's going to be slow but well worth it in the end. Not sure how long the fab will take. Hope to be done and have my pennies saved up for paint and linex in 3 or 4 weeks. On top of the console, going to have a piece of starboard custom cut in black to give me a new mounting surface and search for a new steering wheel. Not sure whether to go with a SeaArk replacement from the factory or something completely different.

Your going to love it, I had one for years. I'll say one thing it will fly with that 115 on it. It is only rated for an 80. Mine would run 45 with an 80 on it. I am guessing you don't plan on insuring it.

Well no time today to start a complete build thread but did manage to drop it off at the fabricators this morning. SeaArk is a very rare breed in these parts. Within less than 5 minutes while we were parked outside of the shop and going over the mods with the fabricator, there was a group of 4 or 5 folks that showed up and started to look around and questions and statements started... "that boat is a **** beast" - "what the hell is that thing, a battleship?" - "**** that's one wide *** boat" - "You've gotta be kidding me, I can put my 17' inside that thing"....then came the question "how much did that thing run you?"... to which I replied, the hull and trailer set me back a small fortune, $1800. SILENCE, it was priceless LMFAO.

He's starting on her Monday.... new thread in the build section to come when I have the time.

Badbagger said:
Thanks and the boat is actually rated for a 140.
OK, mine was a side console. That must be the difference, odd though my 2472 I have now isn't rated for but a 140.

Finally took a little time to make a build thread. Just the starting point anyway. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29196&p=300203#p300203

BTW I obviously don't read very well. I just now realized it is an 1872 instead of an 1860 like I had. :roll: