Jack plate installation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbweimar

Reaction score
as some of you might know, I recently purchased an Atlas Micro Jacker for my Weldbilt project, and I'm looking for input regarding installation. My main concern is the height of the anti-ventilation plate while the jack plate is all the way down. Theoretically, having a 4" setback I should be able to have the AV plate slightly higher than the keel. I want the engine to be as high as possible while the jack plate is lowered, so I can take full advantage of the 5" of lift. The sole purpose of this jack plate is to raise the engine up as far as possible while idling across shallow grass flats.

I'd appreciate input from anyone who has installed a jack plate themselves. Thanks!

I installed a homemade jack plate on my old 1440 with Johnson 25. It had approximately 3" of offset. I was able to have my AV plate 2.5" above the bottom of my boat. I had a standard 15 pitch aluminum prop with no cup. Out of the hole it would slip a little but I could power right through and it would hop up on plane. Cruising was beautiful, the AV was up out of the water and I went from 27 mph to 31.

If it wasn't a manual plate I could have probably raised it more on plane. I would have then needed a cupped prop and low water pickup though. I ran through 10" of water no problem the way I had it setup though.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 591

Latest posts