Jay415's Alumacraft MV1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took My Son out for his first fishing trip to see how long til i heard, "I wanna go home" "When are we going home?" He lasted about a half hour, but I convinced him to stay about 2 hrs. He started out well, then got bored and played with my iPhone. In between that time while I was video taping him casting, he nailed me in the jewels with a 1/4oz. tube jig! :LOL2:

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

[youtube]0LSMsQsqPno[/youtube]

Could have been worse he could have hooked you... :LOL2: Father son bonding such a deal.....

Awesome build, I plan to do a lot of similar mods to mine. Are your lower floors secured to the bottom of the boat or are they just resting on the ribs? I have mine resting on the ribs currently but am contemplating a pedestal mount down there. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

The floors are secured to the ribs and then I reinforced under the pedestal mount. See here.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22353&start=135#p242034

Looks good. A bit of fatherly advice, get a little bucket with some 'disposable' toys and keep it in the boat. That way you boy will play with them but won't be too distraught when they go over the side.

Jay-

I have basically the same boat as yours and i am definitely stealing your livewell idea. My front deck is basically done the same as yours except I am kind of unhappy with the fact that I made the hatches to wide, so i cannot mount the front seat in between them, so basically the seat is further to the front of the boat than I would like, but I am definitely not going to re-do it, I just want to get fishing lol

completely awesome and amazingly clean build! i'm so gonna steal some ideas from you! thanks for the inspiration :)
and your son is freakin adorable!!!

Jay,
Do your rear deck cover flaps hang down from level with the seat deck? It look slightly lower in the pic where the flaps meet the transom and looking at mine I would have to have them angle down if I raised off the bench seat as you did.
Thanks & great job!

PD

Jay,
How did you attach your piano hinge? My first attempt seemded like it was uneven. Did you attach to one piece with the hinge barrel on top and then fold over and set "lid" on top and then attach top?

Any guidance would be helpful - my rear deck is starting to look a lot like yours!
Lots of updates to post soon.

Thanks!
Paul

Exactly how you see in this pic with boards laying on top of each other. I put 2 layers of carpet in between the boards to compensate for when the carpet is installed.

IMG_2608.jpg

Awesome job man! Looks really neat and professional. I'm borrowing your idea for the livewell aeration! How many gal/hr is that bilge pump? I picked up a 500 gal/hr pump off Amazon for $18 with free shipping and maybe paid $10 for the PVC parts. Awesomely cheap setup to make!

Dockside85 said:
Awesome job man! Looks really neat and professional. I'm borrowing your idea for the livewell aeration! How many gal/hr is that bilge pump? I picked up a 500 gal/hr pump off Amazon for $18 with free shipping and maybe paid $10 for the PVC parts. Awesomely cheap setup to make!
thanks! It's a 500gph pump.

Lucky Friday the 13th for this Jason. Was finally able to get the boat out with a friend and put my first first in the boat (a 2lb Smallmouth). We boated 2 Smallmouth, 1 Largemouth, and 3 Walleye (not targeted though, I a bass guy, plus they're not in season).

2lb. 7oz. SM
IMG_1171.jpg

2lb. 0oz. SM
IMG_1168.jpg

1lb. 10oz. LM
IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

Latest posts