Jimmy T.'s Worms Work!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Fished last evening in between thunderstorms. Since I just got a package of Jimmy T. worms I decided to give them a test. They have real nice color, not to much flake or sparkles (I hate that) and a "good" scent.

These worms are a little harder then I like, but were still plenty soft for the fish. I used a 5" worm in green pepper color (see photo - there are so many different names for these colors) T-Rigged on a size 2/0 Matzou EWG offset Sickle worm hook with floro leader. I worked some rip rap where I know the larger bass like to hang out.

After making a few moves, I walked by a spot where there is a bush overhanging the rocks. As I glanced at the spot I thought "why walk by - might as well toss a few at it?" I cast out, let the worm settle and then twitched and crawled the worm over the rocks and into the shallows. Just as I was about to end my retrieve I saw a large shadow follow the worm in. At this point the bait was in less then a foot of water and the bass paused, then turned away.

I quickly flipped the worm past the edge of a large rock and saw the flash as the bass inhaled the worm. I set the hook, and felt a strong tug then the hook popped free. Hoping that I did not spook the big bass, I flipped it out again and, this time, saw the line move off sharply. I slowly counted to three as the bass began to swallow the worm and set the hook.

A struggle ensued as the bass went nuts in the shallow water but I was able to land it.

100_6468.jpg

Jimmy T. great job on the worms - this bass followed the worm then hit it twice before I was able to land it. Obviously it fooled the bass big time as they usually realize it is not food after the first hit!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Glad to see they work! Thats a pig of a fish! I myself like them a little softer too. I wacky rig most of the time, so I can get 4-5 fish per worm most of the time.

Never even thought to wacky rig them - they would be ohhh soooo perfect for that.

I am gonna try again today - and will wacky rig!

OMG! Nice fish!.... and you know... I have to say this and wonder if anyone else has ever said it or thought it.... you could be Steve Irwins brother! Is that just me? :D

JustFishN said:
OMG! Nice fish!.... and you know... I have to say this and wonder if anyone else has ever said it or thought it.... you could be Steve Irwins brother! Is that just me? :D

I thought that too!

In my deepest steve Irwin Voice.....Look at that thing mate its gorgeous! :D

jimmyt said:
JustFishN said:

I thought that too!

In my deepest steve Irwin Voice.....Look at that thing mate its gorgeous! :D

hahaah! there are some pictures of him that you would think ARE him.

Holy cows
Is rite Jimmy!!

I'm jealous, I haven't got any fishing in for a couple of weeks lol. Although I hope this weekend I will :D

Great job esquired!!!

fishnfever

Guess what the Jimmy T worms caught this evening:

catty_003.jpg

catty_002.jpg

I was trying for bass and managed to hook three channel cats on the worm - NO BASS!

Latest posts