Jon Boat 14'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tks for all the comments guys, This boat will probably not be re modified in the future so I'm not worried about pulling the frame off. We have always worked on fiberglass boats so this being our first aluminum boat I am sure we will learn a lot from this project and make changes on our future projects.

I live off a lake that hooks up to a few canals so this boat will be used for Bass fishing w/ my son. I am looking forward to seeing how she will perform.

Few more pics w/ the deck, she has gained weight but I think it will make for a great Fly Fishing vessel w/ the front deck.

Cant wait to drop her in the water to see how she reacts.

IMG_0366.jpgIMG_0367.jpgIMG_0370.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0374.jpgIMG_0375.jpg

BaitCaster said:
That is a solid build. How does she handle in the water with all the extra weight?

Not sure yet, I wont have her ready for a few more weeks. I am hoping the extra weight helps her be stable but I am not expecting her to fly.

I will let you know once the first sea trial is done.

tks

Couple new pics. A little fiberglass and gel coat. I am definetly gonna need a 25 LOL!!!!!IMG_0389.jpgIMG_0390.jpgIMG_0391.jpgIMG_0394.jpg

Me too. Perhaps this weekend I can drop her in the lake and see how she reacts. I'll get back with pics.

Tks for the comments

Well she is set for this weekend for a sea trial. The trailer is just about done and I will be testing her out with a 15hp as the 25 is not ready yet. Lets see how it goes with the 15 lol!! IMG_0407.jpgIMG_0395.jpgIMG_0408.jpgIMG_0409.jpg

Well I know it has been a while but got side tracked w/ another project.

The boat is great! sits a bit lower than b4 of course but it is super stable compared to how it was. I can stand on the corner and cast w/o worrying about it tipping. I took it out a few times and am very happy. Here are a few pics, but I was alone so no water pics. I will get some asap.

CyaiPhone Pics 309.jpgiPhone Pics 269.jpg

Yes, she does get on a plane but she has slowed down a bit since the weight gain. I have a 25 for her but its not running at the moment. I have not had too much time to test her out as we are on a new project now, but I am using her in the mornings to fish from 6-7 b4 work , I hope to have some pics of her running soon to show..

Tks to all for the comments and help. I guess in the future I would try to make her less heavy of course but so far for Fly Fishing and casting all day , this boat does really well, Again I will have pics this weekend for sure when my dad and bro (240lbs) get on her and fish.

cya

Latest posts