jon boat mod question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tincansailor

Reaction score
I have an Alumacraft 14' flat bottom boat that has bench seats. I have put swivel seats mounted to a bracket that clamps to the bench seat. I was wondering if I would be able to remove the middle bench seat and put a floor in the boat and mount a pedestal to which the middle seat would be attached. I am thinking that this would allow better access to the rear of the boat where I have to be in order to operate the motor. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

You can remove the bench seat IF you have ribs that run up the sides in the area where the bench seat is.If there are no ribs you will need to reinforce the hull in that area.The boat can twist like a pretzel or fold up like a taco with out reinforcement.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4015&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

I cut one out of a 14' with no problems. Get out the 4.5" angle grinder with a cut-off wheel & Get-r-Done...... 8)

ST

Thanks guys. I do have ribs for and aft of the seat that run up the side. I think I can do this without sacrificing the structural integrity of the boat. Will post pics when I learn how to do it.

Oops.... :WELCOME: Where ya from? Please say Indiana :mrgreen:

Sorry WW.....couldn't resist #-o

ST

SlimeTime said:
Oops.... :WELCOME: Where ya from? Please say Indiana :mrgreen:

Sorry WW.....couldn't resist #-o

ST

:shock: Oh, it's on now! lol :lol:
2funny.gif

I was thinking about removing my center bench seat in a Lowe L1448M, I have ribs on both sides on that bench, would it need reinforement??

Attachments

• l1448m.JPG
    l1448m.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,131