Jon Boat Seat Clamp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcritch

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a 20" Jon Boat Seat Clamp? The largest I can find is 19". It also has to be a swivel clamp.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to mount a seat on a 20" bench? I don't want to screw sheet metals screws directly to the bench as I do not think it will be secure enough.

Cabela's has one that says up to 21".

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0013304017377a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=universal+boat+seat+clamp&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=universal+boat+seat+clamp&noImage=0

That Cabela's one looks like if you lean to one side it will pop off the bench. Is there foam under the bench limiting you from using nuts and washers on the bottom? Toggle bolts is the answer for that.

phased said:
Cabela's has one that says up to 21".

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0013304017377a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=universal+boat+seat+clamp&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=universal+boat+seat+clamp&noImage=0

Thanks man, that will work.

flounderhead59 said:
That Cabela's one looks like if you lean to one side it will pop off the bench. Is there foam under the bench limiting you from using nuts and washers on the bottom? Toggle bolts is the answer for that.

There is foam under the bench and the bench goes all the way to the deck. I have no way of getting my hand under the bench to use a bolt and washer. It's a solid unit. The toggle bolt may be an option. Thanks

I just cut a square piece of board as wide as my bench seat,fasten my seat and swivel to it, and put an old piece of carpet on the bottom. I can slide it anywhere on the bench I want or move it or just set it out. It's a whole lot more stable than what you would think, I've never had it fall off or tip over and I'm clumsy as an old ox.

i wud not go with the clamp. i just took them off my boat( i bought it that way). you could never lean back all the way and you would fall. i got the swiv-eze, or how ever it is spelled, mounts that is recessed in the bench. all it is is simple foam and if water gets in there itll drain out. i got peices of aluminum and mounted the base to that and had the strips of aluminum running across the bench and screwed those into a piece of angled aluminum with #14 screws. all then just drop the seat in and your set. the mounts are goign nowhere.